Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Special Note


I went to the mailbox the other day, much like I do everyday.

A nice envelope was in the mailbox. My name was written in nice script, so of course it wasn't a bill.

And the envelope contained a nice note.


How nice is that?

But more importantly, I had to think about what K was talking about.

And then I finally remembered that I gave her a Bible...

8 years ago.

At least 8 years ago. Might have been longer ago than that.

But it was a nice bible. I happen to be in a Christian bookstore and saw a nice leather gold leaf version of the Message Bible. I quickly bought it, even though it was more expensive than I care to buy for a Bible. But it was so nice, and I loved the Message Bible.

Anyway, I found it too cumbersome to carry around. A few months later, I found a leather one that was one-fourth the size of my big Message Bible, small enough for my purse. So I preferred the smaller version over the larger, nicer, and more expensive version.

Somehow, we needed our bibles for one of my groups. I can't remember if it was a journalling group or what. But K admired my big bible.

And I told her "You can have it! I have another one."

And I guess she kept it...

...Because she sent the nice note pictured above.

I would've never thought that someone would treasure something I'd given them all these years later.

Now I know.

And I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. The blessing in giving a gift is when you forget about it and the recipient doesn't. It's like when the Bible says "Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days".

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!