Monday, May 15, 2017

Good Monday Evening

Monday!

And this has been a pretty good Monday.

80% of my day consisted of technical writing, so I could've worked from home.

It's interesting realizing that at 5:30 pm.

Maybe one day this week. Friday would be GREAT!

We will see.

Anyway, I had a great weekend.  It was quiet, and I didn't do much. My sister Kentucky was over this weekend and that was a treat since I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. I'm just glad she is home. We watched movies and talked. This is great, since I don't profess to be the "turnt up" type.

Saturday night, I attended a play downtown that my former cubicle mate Michelle's son was in.






The name of the play was "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". I didn't know what to expect, but I know her son Son is a great actor, and anything he is in has to be GREAT.

And it was. It was the story of county spelling be, but in the midst of these "kids" spelling words, you get a glimpse of some of their hardships and insecurities and family life. It was amazing how they wove all of those storylines into a play about spelling bee. Yes it was about a spelling bee on the surface, but what lies beneath the surface is equally important... and life-impacting.

What a great play. They did such a good job.  I was watching these young people sing and dance, and I was thankful I wasn't out there because I would've jacked ALL of dance routines. ALL. I'm just amazed when people can coordinate and memorize lines and what-not. I have seen her son in another play, but this was the first time I got a chance to shake his hand and tell him how much I enjoyed his performance.

That, and hanging with my sister were the highlights of my weekend.

Movie of the Week.  We rented and watched a great movie, The Queen of Kwate.


This movie is about a young African woman who comes from a poor village and goes on to be a master chess player. The movie chronicles her journey, both physically and emotionally. It was such nice feel good movie. I am definitely going to purchase a copy of it.

If you haven't seen it, see it.

Song of the Week. Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) has new artists from time to time. I have liked some, and I haven't liked any.  As long as Kendrick Lamar is there, I'm good. They are my favorite team right now.

Here's a song by their new R&B singer, SiR.

"W$ Boi"



That has to be one of the most visually stunning videos I've seen in a LONG time. What is that video technique called? Monochrome? Sepia Tone?  What the world!!??

Plus that song.... what a good story. Music is so empty these days. I love when I can come across something so intriguing.

Did you catch the sample used. It's a Jill Scott sample from the song "Slowly Surely"!



That's it for my Monday Evening ponderings and pontifications. I look forward to  having a great week.

By design and on purpose. 

You do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!