Thursday, May 04, 2017

Food for Thought: A Fourth Year with Lucy Jr.


So...

It's Lucy Jr.'s FOURTH Birthday.

Happy Birthday LUCY JR.
Hooooooray Lucy Jr.!!

(It is so funny to look at old pictures of my house. It is different color now, lol).

I know you're probably like,  "LadyLee, you're really reaching here. A birthday for a car."

No I'm  not reaching. It's not the car, it's the idea of how the car came about that means much  to my heart.

The original Lucy, which I'd had only a year, was totaled.

Look at the damage.

That is minor, right? So I thought.

Not minor for a 13-year-old car. So the they would have to replace the whole shell of the car, and my insurance company was not down with that.

Never would I have thought that I would stand in the middle of a collision shop and CRY.

I felt so alone at that moment.

And after spending much  time thinking about it, I understood it wasn't about the car. It was about something so much more. I've written profusely about it, bared my soul about it. Much of it boiled down to - I don't have much. I don't have family, I don't' have the american dream (whatever that entails)...

BUT AT LEAST I HAD MY NICE AUTOMOBILE.

I was so deeply inwardly angry about that.  It was that type of anger that I would never discuss with anyone. Mostly because it was a false thought. I have much. I am abundantly supplied in every area of my life.

And it took much thought and prayer just to reconcile my feelings about it all. And at the moment that I understood that everything was going to be okay...

...Lucy Jr. fell out of the sky.

And that's what it felt like.

What really startled me is that I printed the new insurance card for Lucy Jr. I laid both the old and new card down on my desk, and I wanted to make sure I didn't throw the wrong one out. I noticed the VIN numbers were similar. With a little research, I found out that Lucy Jr. had come off of the assembly line right behind the Original Lucy.

That meant SO much to me. So much.

It was as if God was saying that He wanted me to UNDERSTAND beyond a shadow of a doubt that HE made it happen.

I say that because it had 20,000 fewer miles on it. It was $700 cheaper.  It was a much better car, down to the little cosmetic things gone that I didn't care for on Lucy Jr.... and so much more.

One powerful lesson I learned from this: I need to stop doing things within my own power and wait on God to take care of it. Do NOT jump the gun. I see that in so many people around me, including myself. We want something SO bad that we don't wait until the right time  or wait for God's time.  And as a result, things may go wrong... and our hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?

So this car is  a symbol of much to me.

Much more than I could write or describe in this post.

So yes...

Happy 4th birthday, Lucy Jr.

You have served me well: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

And you have taught me some of the more important lessons of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!