Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Freestyles

It is Friday!

And on top of that, it's a 3 day weekend.

Well for me... it's a FOUR day weekend, as I do have Monday AND Tuesday off.

Glory!!!!

I have much to do around the house. But the outside of the house looks a bit spiffy, as the grass was cut and the hedges were trimmed.


(My bushes look a bit suspect. They remind me of the asymmetrical hip girl's haircuts of the eighties. Hmm).

I think I need to wash down my front porch, free it of the pollen dust. I will spend no more than thirty minutes on that.

What I really want to do is prop a sign up in the bushes that states "No my house is not for sale. Take ya'lls azzes back to Alpharetta."

I got a letter in the mail from a realtor that owns a house on another street. Apparently, she has rented it out to some fellow name "Tommy". And the letter states, "You know Tommy, don't you? He walks his dog."

No I don't know Tommy. And a lot of people walk their dogs.

And my house is not for sale. Now SCAT.

LOL...

Gentrification... When white folks do things in the spirit of Christopher Columbus, calling themselves discovering what was already.

Humph.

Magic Shoes, Part II. So I jammed my toe a few weeks ago, and it's still in the healing stage. The swelling has gone down considerably, but I still can't wear regular sneakers. (As a matter of fact, I looked for my white pair of nikes. They are gone, and I can't find them. And that is fine by me. For now.

So for now, I am rolling with some cheap mesh sneakers.

They are a size too big, but they have memory foam and they are not harsh on my feet.
They don't match much of anything, but this Oldgirl is trying to heal.

I've jammed my little toe and my big toe in the past, but never a toe in between those. I want it to hurry and heal! I am feeling a bit incapacitated. I can get around, but if some mess jump off, I won't be able to get out of dodge quick enough. And we can't have that can we.

No we cannot.

That is it for my Friday Freestyles. I have a song of the week, but it is not on Youtube. Sigh.

Lots of good things planned for the weekend. Hope to get it allllll done.

On purpose.

Have a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dr. Parker,

    1. Congrats on getting published.
    2. I saw the movie Hidden Figures. Very Good. Thanks for the recommendation.
    3. Have a good holiday weekend. Four days - go on yo.
    Peace.
    B.O.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @BOP
      1. Thank you, Sir!
      2. I loved that movie. It made me cry to see myself on screen.
      3. You too!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!