Monday, May 08, 2017

Green Things...Good Eating

This weekend I had a serious craving for some green veggies.

Some home cooked green vegetables, vegetables cooked up in my own kitchen.

So I made a trip down to The Curb Market and picked up some vegetables.

Collard greens.



They were already cut up with stems removed. I got a whole bag for $5.43. Yes that is a tad bit pricey, but they saved me the time of cutting up greens. All I had to do is wash them and throw them in the crockpot.

I didn't cook them all. There was too much. (I should've bought the $3 bag). 

I also purchased some green beans.


The tips were removed from these. All I had to do was snap them in half.

I thought, with a price of $4.49, that they cost too much.

But they were good.

And would you believe that I didn't take final pictures of the cooked greens and beans?

Humph.

I guess I was too hungry. All of it is stacked away in the fridge now.

Here's an old photo of greens I cooked for New Years...



Good eating!

Very good.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!