Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Night Fights- The Onion versus The Sun

Man!!

What a week it has been!

As I parked my car in the garage this evening and lowered the garage door, I reflected on the week. And I am just thankful to see the end of yet another week of my life.

Today was payday! And that's a great thing. I don't get much done on Pay Day, as the blinds of my mind are half closed. I should have been working from home, as I have been doing much technical writing over the past couple of days.

But I was reflecting because this week has been mentally exhausting.

Mentally exhausting for us ALL.

Today is day 120 of the Trump Presidency.

One question:

What the world is going up at the White House?

What the world?

Is it just me, or has there been some new scandal each and every day?

It reminds me of an onion.


The onion is being peeled, and more layers are exposed.

Just when I think things can't get any worse (or ridiculous) by the day.

Like I said, it's just mentally exhausting. And I don't care to watch the news, but I listen to a few political shows on my satellite radio app and...

It's too much.

I gotta give it to Comey, though... I TOLD YA'LL he was about to do some Shawshank Redemption on our beloved president.




If you haven't seen Shawshank Edition, then you should put aside 2-3 hours this weekend and watch it. I myself am going to watch it to refresh my memory.

Somebody answer me this, though....

How is it that Comey basically hands you the presidency, gift wrapped, pretty bow and all?

And then you fire the man?

And then you go so far to threaten the man? On twitter of all places!

And you don't stop there...

You call Comey, and I quote, "crazy, a real nut job".

Who does that??

My president does it.

(Yes he is MY president. I pay taxes. So I claim him as MY president).

Comey got something for him though.


Comey got them RECEIPTS.

He said he would testify in a public forum.

EVERYBODY is going to be watching that. EVERYBODY.

I think he's gonna snap, ya'll. And we will see more of this:

I am just FLOORED though. How do you fire someone, threaten them, then call them names?

I would have never dreamed that things would go down like this.

The only thing worse would be if folk started turning up dead. You do realize some 5 russian ambassadors have come up dead in the past 6 months. One man was even thrown out of a window.  And that window wasn't on the bottom floor of the building.

Hmm...

I think we, the United States of America, are better than that. I hope we are.

One thing that surprised me is that Comey said he was "mildly nauseous" concerning his role in this election.

Who wouldn't be?

And he STILL lost his job? That should've ensured him a job for life!

Oh my... this is taking up too much rental space in my brain. TOO MUCH.

'Tis like looking at the sun.

For FAR too long.

And you know what happens when that happens, right? You look away and YOU still see the sun. It's like it's burned into your mind.

Comey got something for them though.

Every time someone ask me a question, even on my way to testify, I'd tell them to go dig up the Song of the Week.

(And it happens to be my favorite piece of "trap music" right now, even though I don't fancy that genre very much).



I hope Comey can bounce back after this.

I hope he hires some bodyguards or something. Let's just face it: it will be hard for him just walking around the grocery store or catching the train, because you have folks like me walking up on him whispering

"What the world was your thinking?"

And let's hope he doesn't run up on some avid Trump supporter.

Wow.

I hope he has a lawyer.

And I hope he gets a lucrative book deal.

And I hope he testifies and bares his soul.

Yes indeed.

With that said, I am looking forward to a good weekend. My eyes won't be glued to the news, but I have much to do around the house. I have some reading and writing to do also. So that's enough to keep me extra busy.

On purpose.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!