Friday, January 04, 2008

Food for Thought: Notes from Serenity's Wine Cellar, Part I


They say that SHE,
that Original Oldgirl
Serenity 3-0,
keeps her deepest thoughts,
her lessons learned in this thing called...

LIFE. . .

locked away in a deep dark wine cellar,
in some hidden place,
where she has precariously scratched them on the mud packed walls
with her finger...
so she will always remember,
and never forget...

I, The Original Oldgirl LadyLee...
have found that forbidden place
and have transcribed what I could
from the walls
for us all
to meditate upon...

Her words are like medicine for the soul...
Cool water for thirst...
Afro Sheen for an afro that's
oh
so
dry...

LOL LOL HAAAAAAA!

Yeah mon... you know me and my poems. I know I be trying to write a poem, don't I? HA! I bet I broke every poetic law with THAT one. If I turned that in, I would get it back with a big fat red "F" on top! That poem I just wrote sounds like I'm under the influence of something...

'Tis almost as bad as the poem "Pink" that I wrote for the Queen of Lurk City...

But you know where my heart is... Right? RIGHT?

LOL!

That Original Oldgirl Serenity 3-0 has said a few things over on her blog that made me sit back and think...

And I'm turning every Friday in January over to her...

Maybe you will recognize yourself in some of the things she has to say.

Enjoy. This is the last day of my 2 week vacation. I am going back to bed.

You all have a good weekend.

Notes from the Heart of S3-0.

“Nobody's in charge of your happiness but you.”

“Sometimes I think to myself that some of the things I have learned, some of the life lessons, man I paid dearly for them. But sometimes you can't understand the magnitude of something until you go "THROUGH" it. Not around it, observe it, under it, over it, but THROUGH it.”

“Time will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about a person.”

“Continuing to harp on who did what and why back in the day gets your nowhere but angry all over again. I'm no longer that little helpless girl who felt abandonned, angry and embarrassed… I'm not saying you should forget or never review your past, but just realize what's important, what you can control and move the hell on..”

“Every detail of the painting aint' cause for alarm.. But the big picture is what you have to learn to concentrate on.”

1 comment:

  1. I must be brilliant.. LOL! Ladylee you kill me with that snatching stuff off folks archives.. I can't even remember writing half the stuff.. But I know for a fact, I had to have written that "move the hell on." LMAO

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!