Friday, January 25, 2008

Food for Thought: Notes from Serenity's Wine Cellar Part IV

This complete's Serenity's takeover of Friday food for thought.

More notes from her wine cellar:

“...for the most part, I'm realizing that the joy that comes in life comes from relationships and interactions with people. Not things, but people. The more apt you are to just throw them away, the more you miss out. People are not trash and can't just be thrown away.”

What you put in, you get out. How many pep talks you think I give myself? How much positivity do you think I read and listen to? I don't hang around folks who are negative or who have nothing going on in their lives. Why? I have no time for foolishness.

"It's not easy to realize right off that one's season in your life might be over, but after some time, you get that ah ha moment and realize what their purpose was and why it's over."

"...You can't change folks. Either accept them as they are or keep it moving."


“Don't be so quick to be down on yourself when someone doesn't want you. You are not going to be a treasure to every person you meet. What I've learned in those years is that my ego may be bruised, but I can't walk around worrying about what i can do or should do to make someone realize that I'm a treasure.. Why? B/c there's another someone right around the corner who already knows this.”

“As much as I plan and write and work towards my goals, I like to feel that everything is flexible b/c while I have plans, sometimes God has better plans for me and I have to be ready and willing to move with them.”

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lee! I sure wish I had what's in that photo for tonight.. I got a hot date with my sofa.. The last quote is probably the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoffrey6:13:00 PM

    Wow, there's really much effective information above!
    oregon coast beach rentals | Juegos De Caballos | car trade ins

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!