Friday, January 11, 2008

Food for Thought: Notes from Serenity's Wine Cellar, Part II

In celebration of super shoe queen and wine mistress blogger Serenity's 30 birthday and in celebrtion of her attaining her Original Oldgirl Status, here's a few quotes from her blog...

Just s little "Food for Thought" for your Friday.

If you enter her wine cellar...
You will find words written on the cellar wall...

Just behind the vintage Cabernet Franc,
To the left of the Riesling
Near her beloved oak-aged Shiraz...
Above the prized Meritage...

You will find words,
Her most cherished words
Thoughts from her heart,
written
just for you...


"I have always operated under the motto that there's nothing written anywhere that says I can't do something. If I can dream it up, then I can make it happen."

"I had a great propensity to know what bothered someone the most and what they were insecure about and what would hurt the most and use that against them. Thankfully, I was shown a scripture that speaks to this a couple years ago and got determined to change my ways. Now I know it is better to know what a person's weaknesses are and what they struggle with and do what I can to build them up versus tearing them down."

"I learned early on to surround myself with people that are constantly growing in life and that can and will support and encourage me in my goals. You may have different friends for different aspects of your life, but they should all have something in common - the fact that they add to your life, not constantly take away and they also support you in your dreams... people are either going to be adding to your life or taking away from it. You yourself need to be a blessing to someone versus a hinderance."

“When your gut tells you something, listen.. You don't always have to react, but don't ignore it… It's just hard to listen sometimes when it's telling you something you weren't prepared to hear.. Word to the wise, listen to it.”

3 comments:

  1. How many bottles of that Meritage did you see in the cellar b/c I can't seem to find any in my wine rack.. Maybe b/c it's too damn expensive for me to be drinking on the regular.. LOL! You have such an imagination Ladylee! Such an imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Meritage is over to the right, right next to the case of Strawberry hills Boone Farm and Manachewitz.

    LOL!!

    How much that Meritage cost, 50 bucks a bottle. Heck girl, you can do that. Get a case on discount or something... Or make your own, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A case??????????????????????????? I'm not even gonn respond to you.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!