Friday, January 18, 2008

Food for Thought: Notes from Serenity's Wine Cellar, Part III

Can you believe I posted every day this week? WHOA.
That Original Oldgirl
Serenity 30 has my Friday "Food for Thought" for the month of January...
More notes from the walls of her wine cellar...


"I'm a big proponent of taking stock of where I am and figuring out where I want to be and then charting the bridge to get me there. What's the point of standing in a place knowing that you need to get going somewhere else, yet making no attempts to move?"

“Once you evaluate and figure out what makes you happy and you start living for you and doing things that make you happy, you don't have to worry about competing and complaintng and criticizing others... And I don't know about you, but I have a lot to live for and wasting time tearing other folks down just ain't in the plans.”

“Whether it is employment, relationships, friendships, etc. do not stay somewhere you do not want to be and you are not happy in. You are the only one responsible for YOUR happiness.”

2 comments:

  1. "What's the point of standing in a place knowing that you need to get going somewhere else, yet making no attempts to move?"

    I say it like this, "We have a responsibility to move our butt in the direction of destiny. Otherwise don't whine about your life!" Where did that come from?!

    That's too good not to share on my blog. Sorry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D You've been linked!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!