Monday, July 07, 2008

7 Songs!!

Still on vacation, baby... And it feels GOOD. But I guess I better post, right?

Riiiiiight.

I think I'll do a tag that's been floating around. Luckily, no one has gotten the notion to tag me. For that I am glad!!

The actual rules for those interested are:

"List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring and summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

1. "Sweet Sticky Thing" by the Ohio Players.

I like this song for the simple fact that the music is performed by REAL musicians. No doggone sampling. Those were the days. Can we take it back to the glory days?!!

2. "Playing Your Game Baby" by Barry White.

This song is very, very smooth. I like smooth! This is my cruising song right here. I play this when I'm rolling down the highway with the windows down. That's good stuff right there!

3. "Love Hangover" by Diana Ross.

I love songs that start out slow then kick it up a notch. LOVED-ED IT!! With that said, you know I'm down for some Donna Summer, too.

4. "Portugese Love" by Teena Marie.

This is one of my all time favorites. I like the 7 minute version, where it goes all salsa in the middle and slows back down... LOVE IT. And it's one of the songs I play in the cubicle waaay too much, to the point where my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre calmly says, "I'ma need you to play something else, Lee." LOL!!


5. "Maybe" by the 3 Degrees.

I've ran this song into the ground for at least the past 2 years. I even blogged about it. This is another song that drives my cubicle mate crazy. It is a sad waily song. The singer talks for a good 80% of the song, gets drunk, then proceeds to beg some fool to come back to her. It is something that I imagine sounds much better if you are in the back of a dark club, tore up drunk, and have just broken up with some dude. So, I have no idea why I love it so much. Bizarre.

I left a bootleg CD containing the song in Kentucky's car CD player. The perplexed look on her face was priceless. LOL!!!

6. We've been all giggly at work over this particular song. You have to be between the ages of 35 and 45 to get a kick out of this song.

Hen-Dog has a knack for finding Old school videos. We gather around his computer and watch with glee. We even do some of the complex dance moves, lol.

Check out 2nd 68 on the Casio synthesizer! You the man, 2nd 68!!!

"Inspector Gadget" by Bad Boys featuring K-Love.



Yo, 2nd 68! You're hot on the mini Casio synthesizer. That was HOT! LOL!!!


7. Last but not least:

This right here?

I say, this right here?

This is my all time favorite song. My #1 song.

This has been my FAVORITE song since 1986, when I was a young girl of 16.

This is the best song EVER made (according to me, that is).

"You Make Me Want To (Love again)" by Vesta Williams.



I ***HEART*** THIS SONG!

*Lee passes out on the hard concrete as song plays*

This is strange, me liking this song. I can't relate to it or anything. I ain't running up on an old flame reliving and remembering a DAYUM thang. NEVER. I won't be begging that joker for more loving either... Hells no. It almost sound like a disguised up on the sly booty call or something.

I'm particlarly vexed by that last line where after begging, she croons "I want you to know nothing else will do!" that sound a bit, I don't know. . . stalky-stalky. I imagine her with a gun in her hand and her having dude backed up in a corner. That is disturbing.

But I love it nevertheless. I think I like the complexity of the music, and the emotion in Vesta's voice. That Vesta know she can SANG, man!!!!!!

But that has been my favorite song for the past 22 years. I busted my cassette tape some 15 years ago and haven't been able to get the CD. Oh yeah, I can find it, but Vesta William's first CD is a collector's item, and I keep getting sniped like crazy on eBay when I bid on it. The CD goes for between 100 and 200 bucks when it comes up on ebay.

I like the song, but it's not worth me skipping out on paying my light bill. LOL!!

I'll find it soon... someday.

Those are my faves for the summer right there!

Well, I'm not tagging anyone, ya'll. NOPE.

If you wanna do this one, work it out, man!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11:00 PM

    I haven't heard that Inspector Gadget joint in years. LOL. It took me way too long to get appreciate Barry White but better late than never. Vesta is definitely an oldie but goodie. I knew a lot people that thought she was sexy before everybody over 120 lbs was considered thick. LOL

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I haven't listened to Vesta in years. My fave of hers is Congratulations. I wonder what the ole gal has been up to!

    Did you catch Erykah Badu's version of Love Hangover during the tribute to Diana???!!! HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44:00 PM

    Ummm Ladylee, I think you have to be over 35 to know any of these songs.

    I don't know any of them. Never heard of 3 Degrees or Bad Boys. I know of 98 Degrees and Bad Boy Records. Lol I'm a 90s lover of music.

    We have a record store that sell albums that are hard to find. I'm going to look for Vesta for you. You did me a favor by sending me that book. I want to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Freaky... Barry White has always been the man! And that Gadget- I don't even remember them having a video! Go figure.

    @Opinionated Diva...

    I have no idea what Vesta is doing, but she need to make a combat so she can show these young gals what a real sanger is.

    I missed Erykah's Love hangover... I may have to go find that one on You Tube.

    Glad you stopped by... been lurking at you site for a minute, and I'm finally making a few comments, lol!

    @That Southern Black Gal...

    ***silence***

    Hon, I need for you to get off Lil' Wayne's Jock and tune your radio to the Oldies station!!

    Or at least roll over to my playlist. 3 of those songs are on there.

    Never heard of 3 degrees? Yes you have! They did the old soul train theme music. And that song "When will I see you again?"

    Girl, leave that Soulja boy along. Get some real music, man!

    Yo, glad you like that book. And if you see that CD get if for me. I'll gladly trade you Oscar Tyrone or Kramer for it. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...Been a hot minute since I've heard a few of these.

    I have always loved me some Barry White though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Since you took this one on your own, you got double immunity!

    "Little buzzin' bumble bee, I want to come take you home with me. Will you share my bee hive with me?"

    "You start, you stop. You know what you got is what I need. Oh yes indeed!"

    "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it, don't want it. If there's a remedy, I'll run from it, from it"

    "You made love to me like fire and rain. Oooh you know you got to be a hurricane. Killing me with kisses oh so subtly. You made love forever baby!"

    Um... Ya got me on Maybe...

    "Say Hooo-ooo. Hoooo-ooo. Say Ho Ho! Ho Ho!" Lmao!!!! Now THAT is old school! I forgot about that one!

    Okay. You got me with Vesta too.

    Okay who wanna cut Young Southern Girl while I hold her down? I do believe she just called us all ripe!

    You missed a good performance then. Erykah was tough!

    Wait... How you gonna trade Kramer for it? How would you get Kramer's Mom to come and slave...Um... Work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ 2nd 68...

    Yes, hold that Southern Black Gal down while I smack her around a few times. HOLD HER DOWN!

    She bout to turn 30 anyway, so she'll be officially OLD!!

    Man, high five! You know the lyrics don't you.

    Go find that Maybe song. Don't be sad or drunk while you listen, though, because it will make you holla and howl at the moon! I LOVE THAT SONG, though!!

    Kramer's a houseguest. I'd gladly trade that cat for Vesta's first CD! I'll tell his mama that he simply, uhhhh... ran away!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!