Monday, July 28, 2008

*HaPPy BiRthDay SoUTheRn BLaCk Gal!*

One of my favorite bloggers is having a birthday today!!!



Happy Birthday Southern Black Gal!!!


(Now girl, I'ma call you what I call you on the regular: Southern Black Gal. I've seen your real name used on your blog, but we will just leave it at that, a'ight?)

Southern Black Gal has one of the funniest blogs out there, the beloved blog Thoughts of a Black Southern Gal.

And I LOVE the quote in the heading:

"One good reason for doing the right thing today is tomorrow."

Really though.

Check it out... I like to throw virtual parties, so let's get this party started EARLY on a Monday morning!

Now, I've been reading her thoughts for a couple of years now. Most have made me laugh out loud, some have made me all weepy... Goodness girl, I'm thankful that you tend to keep it smurfy!!

Anyway, this is a special birthday for Southern Black Gal.

Today...

She turns...

30

And ya'll know how I feel about "30"

"You don't know NOTHING 'til you turn 30!"

To quote my ownself from some former post concerning the phenomena of turning 30:

"Well, it’s weird… It’s like, somewhere between the ages of 27 and 30, some metamorphical (is that a word?) thing takes place. It’s like the thick cloud of smoke engulfing your peanut head starts to clear out. You start figuring out what you need to do, and get to doing it, and lo and behold, it’s is actually the RIGHT thing to do, and it produces good fruit (results). You may even go through some things spiritually. At any rate, things start to fall into place, because you’re making better decisions and what not."

Well, that's my observation of myself and most women turning 30...

Southern Black Gal... thatl cloud of smoke has lifted. It's your time! Do the darn thing!!!

With that said, I want to officially welcome you to the Dirty 30's - your good years.

And as of late, you've been picking at me and 2nd 68, joning out our 70s and 80s music on the sly.

Yeah... she's a self proclaimed child of the 90's. That's her idea of "Old School"

HUMPH.

Now, you rolling up in our age bracket...

And I have a few videos, for YOU. You are 30 now. You should enjoy these, hon.

Kill the sidebar playlist for a sec, i.e., press pause...

Here's the first... How old were you when this came out? I believe you were about 5 or 6. Yet it describes your uh, "sassiness" to a tee. LOL!!!




Here's the next one... I think you'll like this one.



**Southern Black Gal walks into her virtual party, looks around hard... sees the older bloggers dancing hard... She rolls her eyes, turns and heads back out the door**

*LadyLee grabs her arm*

"Where are you going, Southern Black Gal?? The party's just starting!!"

2nd 68 put on the extra "special" record... You know, that REAL special one.

The one where square dancing and break dancing clash up...

Yeah, THAT one!!



*Southern Black gal gives us the *gas face* as we all sing "Southern Black Gal go 'round the outside and dosey-do your partner!!!*

It's something else partying with the old people, ain't it?

LOL LOL LOL!!

You're NOT in your 20's anymore!!!

Alright, somebody play something that that Southern Black Gal likes. GEEZ!



*Southern Black Gal cheeses real hard*



You happy now Gal?

LOL!!!

Okay, let's eat...

Southern Black Gal seems to be a bit finnicky, but I know she likes chicken.


And we just can't have chicken. Black folk might get all rowdy if that's all we have. We have ribs, steak and sausage, too!







Now, THAT'S how we set a party OFF... LadyLee style.

Now we all got that "itis"!!! lol

Southern Black Gal- I once again want to wish you a VERY VERY Happy 30th Birthday.

It's that time, gal!!! Your time to shine!

GO FORWARD and do great things!

(And look out for my gift in the mail. If you didn't get it on Saturday, you'll get it today:)

~Ladylee~

7 comments:

  1. oh snap! this post has me smiling so hard my mouth is crack and fall off.

    oh no you didn't bring out the buffalo gals. NO YOU DIDN'T.

    i haven't heard that song in Y.E.A.R.S.

    you know, when we partied with old folks, it was listening to stevie wonder and ewf...i wonder if the generation after us feels cheated...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHERN BLACK GAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwww...this was sooooooo cute.

    *wondering where the drinks are though* lol!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHERN!!!!

    I welcome you to the dirty 30 as well!

    *going off to find a dance partner*

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) What a great post...I hope Southern Black Gal has a fabulous birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:42:00 PM

    How you know I had the gas face listening to those songs? LOL Thank you for the Jodeic and SWV. That's my kind of music.

    Thank you for this wonderful bday tribute. You are correct about your phenomena of turning 30. Something just clicked in my head last year that made me get the ball rolling. I started making plans and figuring out what to do to jump start my career.

    The smoke is finally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masterful!!!!

    I would welcome you to the 30's too but um.. They too are in my past...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nikki!!

    There is NO music like EWF and Stevie... of course they feel cheated.

    Buffalo Gals- what a song, even though it confuses me to no end, lol! Gotta love it!

    @Opinionated Diva...

    This here party is BYOB. You didn't bring your own bottle? Well, have some of the Kool-aid from the punch bowl! LOL!

    @Ms. Behaving...

    Glad you liked:)

    @That Southern Black Gal...

    Ha Ha! I thought you would get a kick out of those videos. But you're 30 now, you should've felt a slight tinge of enjoyment of the Buffalo Gals, riiiiight??

    LOL

    I hope you had a great birthday (despite that car trouble!).

    @2nd 68... Yes, you have passed up the 30s! But I bet it felt GOOD to remember, didn't it! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!