Monday, January 05, 2009

Back. To. Work. I. Go.

2 weeks off.

It went by SO fast.

I owe, I owe, I owe... So back at work I go.

Ohhhhhh Lawd...

And this is how I feel:


*holler, wail, screech, fall out on floor in front of cubicle, and holler some more*

Somebody PLEASE fan me with the Obama Church fan.

I give myself a minute to cry...

Even allow myself to give the Oppressor the *side-eye*.

I know one thing... I'ma have to tell my boss to allow me half a minute just to get adjusted to the *shock* of being back at work. Hope no one bugs me too hard today, or they gonna get the cold death stare.

Shoot man, it's gonna take me alllll week just to get my bearings straight.

However much time I spend tripping about my job today, well, I will spend double the amount of time being thankful for my job.

That's the new order of the day.

Really though.

Now, I roll my sleeves up, and take a moment to make a plan for the day.

I purpose to make it do what it do.

This is gonna be a GREAT day.

Holidays are over ya'll... 'Tis sad, but it is true.

To all those going back to work today, have a good week... on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51:00 AM

    I was off the week of Christmas and only worked 3 days last week. I was thisclose to calling in this morning. Back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I'm glad the holidays are over. Things are back to normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks, but somebody's gotta do it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50:00 PM

    At least you didn't have to work where I worked last night..it was a jungle!! It made for a good post though..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely how I felt yesterday...BUT I am definitely glad to have a job to go to!!

    Hope you had a good day...on purpose!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!