Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Morning Ramblings

Happy MLK Day to ya !!

Yes, it is Martin Luther King Day in these United States of America.



And what is ironic, yet at the same time, truly wonderful, is that the first Black President of the United States of America will be sworn in tomorrow.

In other words... you know how it goes.

Don't act, ladies.

Some of ya'll have had to throw a joker out of your house. Remember that moment... close your eyes, dig down deep, and say it with me:

"George Bush, git yo _____ and git the ______ outta here!!"

I'll let you fill in the blanks. The Oldgirl is working on her cursing right now.

*LadyLee throwing Bush's clothes out the window*

You do remember that classic Biggie Smalls line, when he was talking about his b*tch:

"Throwin my clothes out the windows
So when the wind blows,
I see my Polos and Timbos"

Yeah, the country is more than through with Bush. The Polos and Timbos were thrown out the window a long time ago. Maybe it was because of the war. Or that 'Trina thing.

Humph.

Anyway, I am happy about that, and I will give my thoughts on the inaguration tomorrow.

My boss and I were taling last week on the phone about some work related stuff, and I said at the end of the convo...

"Uh-rah, Darth Sista, it don't seem quite right to come up in this here workplace on Inaugaration Day, seeing that it is history. I reckon I won't be coming in. Somebody somewhere is having a party. So, uh, I'm uh rah, just letting you know that I'll be calling off that day."

I'm glad I wasn't in her office. Darth Sista's *gas face* is deadly. Really.

She moaned a quiet "Whatever."

Yeah Darth Sista... I have, by my calculations, 9.5 weeks of vacation this year. I AM TAKING THE DAY OFF.

LOL.

My Weekend. Man, I messed up BIG time. This weekend, there was a suprise party for my coworker Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia.

And I forgot all about it.

You know it's bad when the birthday girl calls you from her own suprise party hollering...

"Where YOU at? I heard you were suppose to be here. You ain't even here to surprise me."

I knew the moment I saw her name come up on my ringing cell phone that I was in BIG trouble.

I completely forgot, even though the plans had been in the making for the last 2 weeks. I was even responsible for bringing chips and dips. But I remembered that I was going to go late because they had a stripper, and I don't get into all that.

I want to formally apologize to Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia.

"I'm sorrrrryyyyy, gal!"

That don't mean nothing to her. This was her 40th birthday. I will be getting the evil side-eye for the next 20 years.

Oh well. I will bake her a tin of oatmeal cookies. That should keep the sharp verbal jabs to a respectable minimum.

I didn't do much this weekend. I was tired, and it has been quite cold since last Thursday. It was 13 degrees then, and I don't have a coat, so I was HATIN' life. I didn't go anywhere on Saturday, because I got up at 3:30 in the morning and went back to sleep later. I had stuff to do, but would've been late.

Oh well. It will be okay. I did more yarn shopping on Saturday evening, when I FINALLY managed to get out of here. But that was about it.

It has been a pretty calm weekend.

So on Sunday, I was laying in bed, talking to LadyTee... we were watching our church on the internet (Man, they should've NEVER done that. LOL). She and I had been talking for a couple of hours that morning...

And then my cell phone buzzed. It was on vibrate because I'd gone to church on Friday evening and I forgot to turn it back on. And it kept on buzzing. I didn't know what it was at first. I thought it was something going on outside. But it was my phone, which was under a pillow on the other side of the bed.

So I jumped out of bed, and picked it up off the bookshelf, and walked into the kitchen.

It was the Queen.


No, not that Queen. Don't nobody want to talk to her.

It was the Queen of Lurk City, aka Miss Celie, aka The Mysterious Racer X - Tayari Jones...

I had missed the call but I dialed back.

She called to tell me that last week's posts about me meeting my father were excellent, and that she thought I should develop them more and do more with it.

Whoa.

I said whoa.

So I am standing there, in the kitchen, trembling HARD and about to drop a glass of water on the floor. I was in SHOCK that she called. That chick is busy as a bee these days, globe-trotting all over the place. She just got back from Africa and is now in D.C. for the Inauguration. She was on the elevator, on the go yet again, and wanted to call me.

Even the *crickets* were silent for that call. LOL.

A call out of the freakin' blue. Man, that is a vote of confidence right there from someone who I consider to be hands down, the best writer in the solar system.

You made my day, Miss Celie. I've been a little down on my writing lately and that was a good shot in the arm to get my ass in gear.

So, that was the gist of my weekend.

This is going to be a great week. We have a new president coming into office.

I plan on posting everyday this week. (What is WRONG with me?)

With that, I leave you with this video. It is crass, yet hopeful. But it made me smile. Might make you frown, though.

Enjoy, or give me the Gas face. I don't care. You will be alright.



You rednecks surly white folk, get over it... He is YOUR president too. He's EVERYBODY'S president. (We learned there was a difference when Hurricane Katrina hit these United States of America).

Now, you have to listen to a black man. You will be alright. Really. We had to listen to Bush for the past 8 years, and that was JACKED up. So really, you will be alright.

Have a good week... on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40:00 PM

    The video was slap your knees funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:17:00 AM

    Loved the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9.5 weeks of vacation time!?!?!?!?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:48:00 AM

    LOL @ video.

    Happy Obama Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was cute. By the way, this white chick has no problem with listening to a black man. To think otherwise is just ridiculous. Bless Jesus, God made every color!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!