Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma!!

I would be remiss if I didn't wish my beloved Grandmama a very Happy Birthday.

I found an old picture of her on my blog... sitting with my brother at Red Lobster!


My brother was a host there at the time, in 2005 or '06. I was happy, because I thought that meant free shrimps! But the boy kept bringing those dayum cheese biscuits. LOL

Grandma turns 80 years old today!

Good-ness! I want to make it to THAT age. Grandma has seen it ALL, ain't she?

So, Happy Birthday Grandma!

She doesn't have a computer, but I thought I would just post it.

But I called her this morning and wished her a Happy Birthday. I didn't get a gift for her. I usually take her to lunch and a movie, and take her to her favorite Christian Bookstore and let her pick out a few books. I may try to do that real soon.

Grandma keeps a tight schedule, and I better check with her a week in advance to make plans. Forgot to do that this time, so oh well...

But I had a "gift" for her. I let her talk to my work group superhero, the Infamous Hen-Dog.

She's always asking about him, after meeting him in 2005 at Thanksgiving at my house.

"How's that young fella doing? He's such a handsome fella!"

Then she kicks the hard giggle.

*crickets*

So, he talked to her for a minute. "How's my lil' girlfriend doing?"

LOL!!

Auntie Joyce, if you are reading this: we gonna hear about THAT for a lonnnnng time!!

I think THAT made grandma's day. That's what I call a happy birthday #80 to remember!

Grandma got herself a lil' boyfriend! LOL!!

So Happy Birthday, Grandma! And many more:)

5 comments:

  1. Um, how does Hen-Dog feel about you posting half-nekkid pics of him on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chele...

    Girl, that picture has been posted 3 or 4 times since waaaay back... He has seen that same one way too many times. He is a bit vain, i.e., he don't care. LOL

    I am trying to get him to take some eye-candy pictures, but he acting silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the Granma!!!

    about Hendog...I could talk to his fine azz 365 days of the year...no words necessary! *snicker* lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:19:00 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandma. Black truly doesn't crack.

    Hey Hen Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!