Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Morning Ramblings

Top of the Morning to YOU!

(I ain't all THAT chipper, LOL)

The current temperature in the ATL is 33 degrees.

*silence*

It is COLD.

Uh, maybe I should buy a coat. Maybe I should buy a pair of gloves. Maybe I should even buy a hat.

Hmmm... I will have to think on that.

My Weekend. As usual, it went by pretty fast. I tell you, we need to reverse this thing... five day weekends, two day work weeks!

LOL

We are on a 30 day fast (fruit, vegetables, water) at church, which started last Monday, so I spent most of Saturday morning trying to get that stuff together for the week. I was caught flat-footed last week, and was winging it. I wasn't going to get caught looking silly this week, so I actually went and did some grocery shopping.

So... that has been interesting. I may write about that as time goes on.

Then, on Saturday afternoon, I went to Green Eyed Bandit's 12-year old son basketball game. They lost the game. I was sitting there thinking "Now, if I'm going to drive 30 MINUTES to a game, ya'll best win!" LOL! Na'wl, I wasn't thinking that. But they were undefeated, and now they are not. Hope I ain't a jinx!

Saturday night, I went yarn shopping. I have 4-5 blankets planned for the year, one a season, I suppose. So it's best for me to get all my yarn shopping out of the way.

Sunday morning, I got up and did a few chores, lounged around the house. We had a Triple F Possee (Financial Freedom Fighters) meeting, which is now open up to folk outside of the bookclub, so there were a GANG of people there. Even my sister Kentucky joined the group. GO KENTUCKY!

I talked to LadyTee on the way home from the meeting.

"Awww," she said. "You and Kentucky having some sisterly bonding time."
"I don't think so," I said. "That was a meeting. That ain't bonding time."
"That's right," Kentucky chimed in. "Sisterly bonding time is during Law and Order Marathons.



Really though. "Duumm-Duumm"

That's what I'm talking about.

Although Kentucky has been grilling me down about my past relationships and what not. She's at that age, you know, late 20's, when you figure out that you REALLY don't know it all. Ya'll remember that time. You need to talk to folks. Hmmm...

Post and Quote of the week: from Hawa Bond over at the Fackin' Truth blog. She answered that really tough question "Who Are YOU?", and did an amazing self assessment.

So my Post of the week is Git Yo' Head Right (The Self Assessment Series) PART 1A - "WHO ARE YOU?"

From which I gleaned the quote of the week:

"...who I was yesterday, I may not be tomorrow, because of what I learn today."

That right there is deep off the pages. Ocean DEEP.

I tell you, the people who have answered that question... I have really learned how deep of a treasure chest of experiences you all have. We all offer a wealth of experiences, that's for sure.l

And that is something that is much more valuable than gold.

Really though.

GO Hawa!

LadyLee's Luxury item of the YEAR:

That uh, Ultra-Plush Quilted Northern... 3 ply.




2 words: GIT SOME!

This morning. I actually got to work early this morning, 8:30 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m. I need to leave early. My father wants to see me (so he says). Now, I've been talking about this for the LONGEST, but I don't know if it's going to go down or not.

I have some thoughts about some interesting convos to post, but I will hold them. The LBeezy knows my thoughts on all of this, but I will talk about it later this week.

So I plan to leave here today around 4:30 p.m., TRY to catch up with him around 5 p.m., and he has exactly one hour of my time. I have to be somewhere else by 6:45 p.m. We'll see if this jumps off or not.

On to other things...

Anyway, I was walking down the hall this morning, back towards the lab, and my boss, The Darth Sista, was walking in my direction. I am working on not completely seizing up when I see her. We have been at odds, and she has been somewhat pleasant to me since the latter part of last week (I don't know WHAT is up with that).

So, she was like "I want you to meet Roger."
*LadyLee seizes up*
"Roger is here for a week from another state to work in our group for a week."
*LadyLee eyes Darth Sista suspiciously*

She fusses at me a little, because I am giving her the *gas face* and am about to walk away.

This "Roger" she speaks of is in the side hallway, trying on a labcoat, talking to one of my group senior chemists.

Roger is a tall hershey bar dark chocolate sumthin' sumthin'.

WHOA. Wasn't expecting that on a cold Monday morning.

*Ladylee unseizes IMMEDIATELY*

"Helloooooooooooooooo Roger!"

He has some really soft hands there.

LOL!!

I met him, did the "Dr. LadyLee" thing to make sure dude know who he is dealing with (meaning don't come up in here trying to bogard), and kept it moving.

He look a little on the young side. I don't know, and I don't plan on finding out.

LOL! Can't wait 'til he meets my coworker Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia... She might send dude running up outta here! (She is THAT mean).

I hope he's a hard worker, because dude is going to work this week. We don't have enough people in our group, and uh-rah, Shawty better throw on a labcoat and GIT TA WORKING!

Should be an adventurous week! LOL!

However adventurous it is, I'm going to have a good week... on purpose.

Ya'll be sure to do the same.

11 comments:

  1. One of the few people in the WORLD who can write about a regular old day at work and make me laugh till I cry. I hope your book is about Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia and Darth Sista! I. Will. Buy. it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @That Botanical Chick Carleen...

    What was so funny about that post, Botanical Chick?

    All I know, this "Roger" cat... we will assess whether he is a hard worker or not.

    If not, it's gonna be a VERY long week! VERY long.

    Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia gives the slow combination eyeroll and eye squint to lazy folk. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:15:00 PM

    I love Law & Order. Especially SVU. I can watch it all day long.

    How much is that tissue? LOL I like Angel Soft b/c it's only $1.10 at Walmart.

    Find out old Roger is and let me know. Omari has a science project. Yeah that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @That Southern Black Gal...

    Law and Order is the bomb. SVU is brutal. Ain't NOTHING better than a marathon. I get hella crocheting done. It beats that doggone Lifetime Television for Women all day!!

    Man, that tissue is 8 BUCKS for the 6 pack Mega roll. I too am an Angel Soft chick!! (Especially after paying that price... I was just, you know, curious.) It's a LUXURY item, Ma, i.e., get yourself a pack for your birthday!

    Girl, I am staying outta Roger's way. Dude might start asking questions, and might keep me from leaving on time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was in your neck of the woods during the holidays. The ATL that is, not wherever exactly you live. Geez, it must be a southern thing. My cousin's wife was screaming how cold it was too and it was only 36 degrees. -lol- I was in the Buckhead section and hit some of those highways out there. I75, I20.. geez. Atliens drive slow!

    Hey, you know what I'm watching right now LL? Snapped! Ain't nothing like watching a woman come apart and just PaayyAAA! To a dude. Dayum! Hi Lady Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Urban knight Luke Cage...

    Where you been, bruh!?

    It is COLD, Frank. I don't even have a coat. I have a hoodie and a windbreaker. LOL!!

    Snapped is my SHOW! LOVED-ED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is NOTHING REGULAR ABOUT YOU OR YOUR DAYS! LOL!

    I am so going to buy some Northern 3 ply quilted toilet tissue...I mean you got me buying Always infinity pads...which I am a HUGE FAN!

    I commented how I felt about your Dad a long time ago...when you first bought him up about seeing him. Do what's in your heart...even if you think you don't want to...trust your OWN instincts. My Dad was a psychopath and Child Abuser so I am jaded. But I also know folks need answers and sometimes closure...or new starts.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nicknames are funny. The way you use language is funny. The way you describe your own actions and other people's actions is funny. Face it: you're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Law and order...criminal intent is my favorite!!

    I may answer the "who are you?" question...still thinking abou that. That quote is the bomb, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @LoveBabz...

    BABZ!

    My days are very regular. A bit on the boring side, Ma.

    Treat yourself, Babz, and buy some of that 3 ply ultra-plush! Technology is a mutha! I can't wait for the 4-ply!! LOL!!

    Man, I don't know what to think about my Pa. He is irking me, and I know I might be irking him. If I can figure out how to write about this, I will... probably this week sometime.

    You know, I ain't looking for answers, new starts, closure, etc... it's just a "to do" thing on my life list. I will holla at him, and cross it off. Right now, it is waaaaay to hard to catch up with dude. And I don't really care for that.

    @Aretha... I'm a little iffy on that Criminal Intent. Vincetn Dnorfio creeps me OUT something terrible. I like about 75% of those. I am more down with the SVU and the Benjamin Bratt Law and Order years.

    Answer the "who are you" question, just for yourself, not even on blog. Man, you will find out some interesting stuff about YOU.

    @That botanical chick, Carleen...I just crack you up, don't I? That is a BIG compliment coming from you, Miss:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man... I thought I was the only Law and Order freak...DUMMM!! DUMM!! Love it!

    Soft handed Roger...did he have a firm grip? If he didn't he is definitely suspect...

    Pulled out the "Dr" on him huh? I do that do when I need folks to immediately know that I ain't just the bookkeeper around these parts... yep--the signature stamp on my email has those coveted three letters -- C, P and A --file your own dam invoices.

    LOL! I'm gonna give the "Who Am I?" a shot" -Why the hell not!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!