Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Freestyles

What's up peoples?

I actually came in to work 2 hours early today. Yay me!

And I bet my boss is going to be looking at me like I should stay until my usual 7:00 to 7:30 pm.

*Lee clears throat*

"NO SHORTY!"

I am leaving between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. I want to go to church tonight.

She and I had a crazy convo yesterday... she called me at my desk about something, while I was FEVERISHLY working on my own stuff, wanting me to stop and do something else.

*Lee clears throat*

"NOOOO!!!"

That convo ended with me (head laying on desk), wailing HARD!!

"I'ma need for you to understand meeeeeeeee!!!!!"

She was wailing "Oh girl, don't give me this drama!!!! You're full of drama!"

Nevertheless, I continued what I was doing. Thank goodness for that, because she gave me an assignment that will take about 20 hours to do on top of my other stuff.

My last day before taking off for the rest of the year is Tuesday.

You do the math.

*Lee digging ditch hard with broken toothpick*

LOL!!!

On to more interesting fare. Chele asked in the comment of the last post if I took multivitamins. No I don't. Although that is a goal of mine, over the holidays: to go to a health store up on the northside that specializes in such, and get a good multivitamin. I like the emergen-C variety packs, but I want something in liquid form. (I hate pills).

The problem is this: I get a blood test every month that details the levels of every vitamin, electrolyte, and some of the minerals in my blood at fasting state (no breakfast or lunch before doc visits), and nothing is lacking. So I essentially don't need it. I was a bit concerned about calcium, and my doc, who is a vegetarian, said for me to shore up on leafy greens and broccoli. That covers everything.

I raise an eyebrow at this, but I guess she knows what she is talking about. And my calcium levels are cool. My anemia is nonexistant now, which still perplexes me. I discussed that with her also. She says when you get all the junk out the way, and a bunch of the stuff out of the way that keeps you from assimilating nutrients, then you remove certain problems.

Okay! Good enough for me. I still had the *crickets* swirling around my head. But hey, she's the internist, she's the expert.

I've gotten her to the point where she explains things a bit clearer to me. She use to be like "Well, you're a doctor, LadyLee, so I know you've been reading, blah, blah, blah."

"Yes, this is true," I say, "But I ain't a medical doctor, and I want YOU to talk to me in layman's terms."

(Although I have been reading...)

She's given me much to ponder. Thank goodness for that.

Well, I look forward to a good weekend. It is raining cats and dogs in the ATL right now, but that will clear up over the weekend. Nope, I won't be staying in the house. I have a Book club meeting.

And Green Eyed Bandit! Baby Bandit has a game tomorrow (as if you didn't know). Give me a holler! I think it's in the morning, right? Call me! I want to go if it's around 11 a.m!!!

I have to get started on Ms.Blackliterature.com's baby blanket...

Look here, Shorty. I've asked you a gazillion times for a color scheme, or your thoughts. You got until midnight to let me know something. Text me, or call me, send up a flare... do SOMETHING. The blanket is my Christmas vacation project.

So holler at me, girl!

LOL!!

Someone out there wanted me to put up my notes on depression from church. For some bizarre reason, that is our subject matter for the rest of the year. I will be putting those up over the weekend. One set on Saturday, or two sets on Sunday, haven't quite decided. I'll try to intertwine my own thoughts regarding myself, because the more I ponder it all, the more interesting it becomes.

So that's it for my freestyle fridays.

*Lee smashes mike to the ground and walks off stage*

Decorate your toothpicks with Christmas decorations and get to work...

Enjoy your weekend... on purpose.

10 comments:

  1. jennifer10:18:00 AM

    i am the one who asked for the notes... thank you kindly! (i did send an email to your yahoo since you said your church links the sermons online, i believe...)

    i have heard one minister talk about depression. well, she began to, there were *CRICKETS* across the church as this was a topic sorely ignored, and she kinda punked out and didn't really go THERE on it. the silence across the sanctuary spoke volumes to me... this is a topic black folk need to hear about from the pulpit! But I digress...

    thanks, Ladylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladylee - How the heck you get to work 2 hours early and still didn't respond to my email? hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:41:00 PM

    Have a good weekend Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jennifer.. What's up with the yahoo email? I haven't checked that in YEARS.

    Hit up my earthlink email:

    oldgirl_1@earthlink.net.

    And you best put what's up in all caps in the subject line, lol.

    Last week's stream is still up, I believe. Next weeks is Sunday @10 am. I usually catch the stream, so it should be working okay.

    I like ministers who deal with the hardcore isshas that no one will talk about (the suicide one gave me the creeps, but that's alright. I learned much from it).

    He's had his own isshas with depression and suicidal stuff, and he talked about that a few years ago. I think he's touching on that again... very necessary in this day and time. Not nothing to make you run around the church shouting, but whatever. It is what it is, and that's a good thing.

    @Serenity... Oh be quiet, Serenity, you frickin chicken[head]. I was back in the lab. I JUST got back to my desk and am eating lunch. Check your email for my thoughts on today's devotion...

    Southern Black Gal... Hey Ma! Look out for your book in the email next week. (I am TIRED of it laying on top of the dryer staring at me. (Dont' be suprissed if there is a dryer sheet stuck off between the pages. LOL!!!!)

    You have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Southern Black Gal... I meant look out for your book in the SNAIL MAIL, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. jennifer4:51:00 PM

    sorry, your about me page said yahoo, so thats what i did...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jennifer... Really????

    I have to go change that!

    My bad.

    oldgirl_1@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I am not the creative type or the type of have requests. The scheme so far is Blue. LOL. Blue and Brown/Tan

    BUT seriously, the joy for me in receiving a gift is seeing what the giver likes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too kicks...slamming the mic to the floor..lol
    Imma chill out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo getting rid of some of the bad food helps your body retain or use vitamins/minerals from eating the right foods. It makes sense. I do need to change my eating habits.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!