Monday, December 14, 2009

Good Monday Morning

Monday is here once again.

Real quick like.

REAL QUICK.

Ugh.

I have an hour before I need to get ready for work. I have pondered going in early, but that would mean I would be there 10-12 hours.

That is not going down. I stick as close to 8.5 hours a day as possible.

My weekend. It was VERY quiet. I've had 3 quiet weekends in a row. Strange. No, I'm not complaining, but I remembe thinking a couple of times over the weekend "It feels good to do the the quiet things I like to do, the things that relax my nerves."

That's all I'm saying about that. I'm beginning to regard such things as sacred indeed.

Video of the Week. Okay, this video clip of Rhianna on Saturday Night Live is insanely funny. (I don't think I embedded it correctly, so click here to see it: "Rhianna/Shy Ronnie digital short")

Okay... that was way too funny.

Post of the Week. Aretha posted her vision board and blogged about it in her post "My Vision". Very enlightening indeeed. That chick know whwere she wants to go and what she wants to do.

She's gonna be somebody's Mayor someday. All I know, I'm flying out to the victory party, man!

LOL. Aretha, may all the dreams you've posted up come true...

Thought of the Week. Not sure what's going on at church. I could right a good 10 really interesting posts concerning such. Nothing bad at all, just bizarre.

Like, this is the Christmas season. And it looks like my pastor is spending the rest of the year doing some really detailed sermons on depression.

*Lee raises an eyebrow*

Not this Sunday, but last sunday, he did an interesting sermon on suicide.

*Lee gasps*

Look here! It's the Christmas season. An Oldgirl needs to hear about Baby Jesus in a manger, because there was no room at the inn, and the three wise men, and the gifts, and...

And...

No I don't. I've heard those sermons a gazillion times. I suppose he thinks we need to get down to where the rubber meets the road.

Really.

Anyway, I've taken copious notes. One thing that caught my eye is the definition of self worth:

Self-worth is a combination of the opinions that people have of you, combined with your ability to perform at a level that makes other people happy.

Wow. This was given as a twisted jacked up definition. Because basing your self worth on other's opinion of you fails every time. People change. They love you one minute and hate you the next. People will have issue with you. All this is constantly going on.

And yet, we let it all determine how we feel about ourselves. When self worth should be dependant on one thing along:

Self worth is the sum total of God's love and God's acceptance of you.

Period.

In other words, people can go jump in the lake. (Well, that's what it all meant to me).

And folks know how I am. If you have expectations out of me, and you are bringing me down, I simply don't talk to you. (Yes, I'm mean like that, especially when you affect the way I feel about myself on the negative tip). Helped me understand something else about myself, and what I wrote down in my notes.

Don't hang out with buzzards, when there are eagles flying around.

I don't know, I just found that profound. Very few words, but profound. This seems to be a small theme weaved through some of the 40 posts I have planned leading up to my 40th birthday. Let's just say, what I've heard on Sunday, and wrote in my notes, really explained a lot of things.

I should do a post on such. Causes of depression, rejection, despair, I probably won't though. Don't care to have my blog too spiritual. We'll jump in here and there. But these are things I think about all the time... hmm.

Okay. This has gone on long enough. I have approximately 7 workdays until I have a week and a half of Christmas vacation. I am TOTALLY SHOCKED that my boss approved my leave. TOTALLY SHOCKED.

I'm not complaining. And I'm just gonna sit here and be eerily quiet. I do not want that broad to change her mind.

*Lee quietly doing the high Rockette kicks*

This week I'm writing a vegetarian post. The only reason I haven't written it is because I am being hard headed and haven't quite been able to pull my thoughts together concerning it.

I've learned much about myself over the past six months concerning it. The post will probably be convoluted, but oh well. And Oldgirl is working on some things.

I'm digging a ditch with a toothpick. And I'ma work the hell out this toothpick, Man!

LOL.

You hunker down and work your toothpick, too...

*Lee slangs a slew of toothpicks at blog fam*

We all got goals, and no matter how small the progress seems, progress is progress. You're a step closer to the dream than you were yesterday.

You heard me?

We can reach our goals if we persist.

You just keep working on it.

And do it on purpose.

6 comments:

  1. Just what I needed to hear right now..keep working towards your goals.I'mma start doing that today. Making a list and checking it twice, I am. I had put my goals off to the side for a minute but, if I do a little at a time at least something is being done...progress is progress..you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33:00 AM

    **PICKING UP A TOOTHPICK**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32:00 PM

    new reader here... please post about what your pastor is teaching about depression and despair etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Grabs two toothpicks for some double handed digging*

    Loud and clear, Sis.
    Loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @That Bayou Creole chick Ali... Yeah man. I'm in the process of getting my goals together for 2009. I'm gonna write them out ant put them up on my bedroom wall... then I'ma get my toothpick and get to working.

    Progress is progress. Period. Better than stomping backwards. All day.

    @That Southern Black Gal... Hey Ma! Here take two toothpicks! YEAH!!

    @Anonymous...

    **crickets**

    Uh... we will see. I suppose I will type that up and put it up. Later this week or over the weekend. We'll see. It's A LOT of information. I have to compile it all, and was remotely thinking about doing from a point of view of my own life isshas...

    But it was VERY interesting for him to talk about suicide... and the large crowd of people who needed prayer for that. You NEVER know what people are dealing with on the mental tip.

    Much better to deal with such than the usual Jesus in a manger sermon. And I'm sure we all were thankful for that.

    Contact me offline at my oldgirl email if you want the internet stream address to watch the whole sermons. Otherwise, I will just hash out my notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @That Oldboy Hassan...

    Kick it, bruh. Take extra toothpicks. Wrap your toes around them and dig with your feets! lol...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!