Monday, December 07, 2009

It's Monday, Once Again

It's Monday, once again.

Once again, it's Monday.

Monday is the one day of the week that pops around REAL fast.

Real fast.

It's snowing!

Not in the ATL, but on the blog.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW!!

LOL

Actually, it snowed up in the Georgia mountains this weekend. Not in the metro area. It was 35 degrees this weekend, and I think it's that cold right now.

And this is an odd day for me, because I am off today. Well, semi- off.

I have a doctor's appointment today. At one in the afternoon. I don't get that AT ALL. I usually schedule my appointments between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. One o' clock is waaaaay too late in the day. And this is monday, which means ALL the rednecks in Henry county will be in the doctor's office today.

And they'll be talking plenty trash.

I'ma tell the nurse that I'll be out in the hallway. I can't stand the chaos that always goes down in the doggone waiting room. Man, I could do some crazy blog posts behind that craziness!

They suspended off time at work if you didn't already have it scheduled. (Too complicated to understand, but let's just say the union is involved now). So you got me trying to explain to my boss that I have a midday doc appointment, and I can't come to work beforehand. She looked at me like I was crazy. But there's some REALLY odd stuff going on at work concerning ill people, and I don't want NO problems out of management.

If i'm at the doctor for over 2 hours, I'm not going to work. If I can get in and out of there in an hour, I'll go to work. It'll be a half day type of thing.

We will see.

My weekend. My weekend was uneventful. I didn't even leave the house.

And it was weird, because I was around here thinking "Gee, this is odd. I know I have something to do."

Then I get a call from my finance group, Triple F Possee leader, the Green Eyed Bandit:

"Uh, you gonna make your meeting?"

"WHAT???" I yelled.

This broad called me at 3:25 pm on Sunday, wondering whether I was coming to the 3:00 pm Sunday meeting.

Is you crazy?

"No, I ain't coming?"
"Throw on some sweats and a wrap that hair up and come on!"
"NO, BANDIT!"

The phone was passed around. Cat-eyes tried to convince me. Obi-Wan Kenobi talked trash.

I went off on ALL of them.

Bandit... how the heck you gonna call me so late?

UGH! I wanted to hurl myself out the window.

She did send an email. I read it on Thursday or Friday at work. Things are disastrous and crazy at work, and I completely forgot about it. Completely.

I really needed to go. I blame you, Bandit. You know I don't keep a calendar.

She gave me my debt numbers that I'd written down on a notecard back in January 2008. So one of my goals for the month of December to crunch my numbers and see where I'm at financially. Most of this has been written down in my budget notebook, I just gotta go take a look at it. But I've had the *gas face* concerning my finances lately. Traveling plus unexpected expenses have me at break even stage, I beleive. I am not all that happy about that. Really.

But we will GO FORWARD!

Really though.

Other than that, the weekend was routine. Lots of chores, reading, and crocheting. I managed to do a good clip of writing on my current writing project, so I'm happy about that.

Post of the week. That Bayou Creole Chick, Ali, is back on the scene, and she wrote a really nice post: Beaches. Shows that ol' Facebook has some good uses. It's good for something.

I like Ali's blog. It just makes me feel real good. Really. Glad you are back, hon.

Quotes of the week. Just a few nuggets out of my church notes...

You are known by the company you keep.

If you don't love yourself, you won't know how to love others.

I can overcome my pain if I know that I have a purpose in life. If I know that I have purpose, then I can overcome my pain.

Just a little sumthin, sumthin to think about, as you stomp through your week.

We won't be over here blogging everyday. I am busy doing other stuff, and I am a tad bit stressed still about work. You don't want to hear me whine, and I REALLY don't want to hear myself whine. (Sometimes, I get on my own nerves, man).

But... there's something special coming up prior to my birthday, that starts sometime in late December.

Stay tuned for details...

3 comments:

  1. I pray that everything turns around at work. The last thing you need is to be stressed by the job.

    I love the company you keep quote. It's so true, but something I didn't quite believe until my mid twenties. I have to make sure I come up with an effective way to make sure Alyssa always understands that.

    Have a wonderful week...on purpose! Lol, I had to use your own wisdom on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I don't know what's going on at work, but I think it's great that y'all have a union. Not many companies these days have them. And from what I've seen and read, they really back up the "little man" against the giants.. Anyway, hope all is well at work and stop with the dang snowing. You are making me sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blushing* Awwwww, you so sweeeett.
    Now, let me tell you a story about me and the net. When I first started looking at blogs, I hit a few and one of them just had so much drama that I actually prayed to God for guidance. I really wanted to read some great blogs without all of the back-biting and fighting I was always witnessing. After I prayed, your blog was the first one to come up. No joke, it was.
    How's that for divine intervention?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!