Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings

I need to post something, don't I?

But I don't have anything to talk about.

Oh, oh wait...

Yes I do!

Yes I do!

I am OFF.

This is RARE.

It feels GOOD!

*Lee cheesing hard like Celie*

Yes, I am off from work until January 5th.

Man, I thought yesterday would NEVER end. I worked 9.5 hours.

My boss called me around 5 pm at my desk. I think she must've heard me wailing hard before I picked up the phone. (Nothing worse than a ringing phone. I am working as fast as I can).

She said "Merry Christmas".

I gave a lurch like response.

She left. I was there for another 2.5 hours.

I didn't finish all I needed to do. And there was a discussion of me asking straight up if my vacay would get revoked. But we have a lot of work in the lab. EVERYBODY is ghost.

The general feeling is "Who cares?"

And I turned my phone off. Most of yall know what I do for a living. Let's just say, hope there's no national emergency. I've been laying in bed in the past and I've seen some craziness on the World news, with me hollering "Awwwwww dayuuuuuum!"

... And being pulled into some frantic long nationwide conference call the next day.

But I hope all is well this Christmas season. I'll watch the news, and turn my phone on if some mess go down...

(Someone will be knocking on my door hijacking me up to work if I don't, lol).

So, what will I do for my vacay?

Man, I have a TON of projects/goals/thangs-to-do I'd like to get to. I have made a list in my head, and I need to write it down.

Most notably.

1. Ten hours of writing. (I set the goal small, as I will easily overshoot that one). I should be able to finish the story I'm working on. It is 50 pages now, and it should easily hit 100 pages.

2. Work on 2 new vegetarian recipes. I want to make a whole wheat pizza, and I want to work on a sweet potato version of salmon croquettes. I made a chickpea version for thanksgiving, which was very very good.

Now I worked on a nonwheat pizza crust a few weeks ago. It did not go well AT ALL. So I will stick with the wheat. Perfect that one.

3. Go to at least 2 movies. I want to see Avatar and Princess and the Frog. I might check to see what's going on at the dollar movies, and kick through there.

4. Go Bowling. Me and my sista Kentucky plan to hit up some lanes! I haven't been bowling since 1995!

5. Get started on Crochet project. I am working on one now that is due in early January, but it's not going to be finished. I will keep fooling with it, and mail it off late. My bad.

I'm going deep down to the southside to purchase yarn for Ms. Blackliterature.com's baby blanket today. Hope I finish in time, Mama!

6. Do something in the garage. Notice I didn't say clean out the garage. It's a hot mess out there. I just want to straighten up, and gather some stuff for thrift store so I can write it off on my taxes. (Me and my motives, lol).

7. Work on Goals for 2010. My goals technologist Aretha posted hers. Serenity posted hers. So I guess I better make mine up. I probably won't post them. But I learned from Aretha, that I need to make them, write them down, and if I don't meet them, IT'S OKAY. Assess and tweek them, and keep working on them.

They will be bold and in full technicolor. That's all I will say about that.

8. Work on my 40 food-for-thought posts countdown to my 40th birthday. My birthday is on February 7th. I will be sunning down in the Dominican Republic that week. But this is a milestone. So I'm doing a serious self assessment blowout. I'll have you thinking so hard that your brain is will hurt, lol.

That will start on December 28th.

Plenty good cash and prizes will be given away to commenters. (Did you catch that "cash" part?)

LOL!!!

40 dollar gift card. I think I can handle that bit of cash.

BUT there's a prize more valuable than that one going out.

Going out to the two people with the most comments during that time.

Hmmm.

(No, I'm not a comment whore. Just want to show my appreciation for those who spend time reading my longwindedness).

I have a lot more I want to do during vacay.

And that includes plenty of rest and relaxation, and time spent with friends and fam...

I'll most definitely will be posting...

So stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. The Green Eye Bandit9:07:00 AM

    Umm....you know I dont like posting, so I guess I have to cross my fingers for the other prizes :(

    Let me know when you and Kentucky go bowling and possibly the movies. I want to tag along. After today, I am free from classes until Jan 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I ain't talking about "robo commenting" and spam commenting. None of that. I'm talking about comments with substance.

    I'll give you a holler. Is there an bowling alley at a halfway point between us. We are NOT trekking down to Henry County!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have to brag about being off while I'm still slaving at work! hmph! That doesn't mean you are off from your devotional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH BE QUIET, SERENITY!

    look out for my email in about 20 minutes.

    humph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, well.....rubbing in the fact that you are off until the 5th is not very nice. i'm going to have to send santa a quick text about this....
    have a happy, happy, joy, joy Lee.
    u deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well chickey, enjoy your time off!!
    I wish I could get into the holiday spirit but, I just can't get it this year...bah, humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how bad I want to go to the D.R. don't you? WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! So glad you're off til the 5th. Don't overdo it Lee! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!