Tuesday, December 29, 2009

40 in 40: The intro-"The Hard Stomp"

Yes, yes ya'll.

And you don't stop.

'Bout to roll out 40 posts

Posts so hard they'll make your mouth drop.

*Blog fam gives LadyLee the blank stare*



Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

Just busting a hardcore rap in the wee early hours of the morning of...

Day 1.

40 posts in 40 days.

So if I get smurfy, I better get smurfy right here, right now.

Cuz ain't nothing smurfy about these 40 posts.

And I have to tell you, I am very nervous about it.

Not the "What will people think of me" kind of nervous. Because you know I don't give a flip what negroes think.

But, the "Lawd have mercy, I didn't realize there was so much to me" kinda nervous.

Let's just say there are about 100 different post topics on my heart, from which I've had to cull 40 that mean the most, and write on those. I didn't realize my life ran deep as the ocean.

And it's gonna almost have to be like I'm writing and no one's reading.

Wait. House of LadyLee is set up like that anyway.

But I'ma take you deep. Real deep into the heart of LadyLee.

And I'm not going to even be all longwinded with it.

*Blogger Chele spews her morning coffee all over the computer screen*

I know that's right, Ma. Who am I kidding? I'm the most longwinded sista in the Solar System.

*LadyLee hands Chele a roll of paper towels to clean up that desk. LadyLee hands Chele the phone so she can call somebody in IT to take care of her keyboard*

I'm gonna keep it brief, LadyLee style. This means no more than 5 to 10 pages, lol.

You know, I'm that way because I don't talk much.

I would say that most of it is spiritual. And I don't like to pull that too much up into all my smurfiness, but that's what I think about when it's quiet...

When no one's looking...

And the lights are out.

And I'm alone.

That's where the rubber meets the road. What's going on in the natural is a mirror reflection of what's going on spiritually.

(Did you catch that? You mighta read that too fast. Go sit in the corner and let that one marinate).

We busting down to where the rubber meets the road in my heart of hearts.

I'm gonna stomp hard in very acute detail through each sentence of my personal vision statement, posted a couple of weeks ago. That's 10 posts within itself.

I'm talking the HARD stomping, like when Cain stomped Iyesha's cousin head in Menance II Society.

(Yes, the hard stomp).

Other posts that have made the cut:

A sermon I heard a few years ago. It was so important and critical that I bought a tape and wrote it down word for word.

The most important conversation I've ever had in my life. Well, I have had few, but this one, which occured a few years ago, was important, for reasons that will become very obvious.

My worst hangup, i.e. idiosyncracy, one that I am ashamed to talk about.

Wait, make that two hangups...

Or three.

My feelings on the subject of love.

Strongholds. (This is more of Serenity's area of interest, and something i HATE thinking about). If you don't understand strongholds, you will when I finish talking about the subect. Heck, you gotta be blind, deaf, and stupid if you don't.

God answers prayers. And I've gotten some incredible answers. One or two have spooked my tail good fashioned, and stone cold changed my attitude immediately about a few things in my life.

Bet your head hurts from a few of those subjects.

That's just the tip of the LadyLee iceberg, man.

The tippy-tip.

Not even that, really.

It's the frosty mist rising off the iceberg.

LadyLee thinks very deeply.

So who got the guts to hang?

Through the good. Through the bad. Through the unexpected.

LadyLee's turning 40...

40 days from today. In about 960 hours.

Everytime I think about it, I must admit that I shed a few tears.

(Wait. Maybe that's my PMS. Whoever times themselves by me, be alert! lol)

So come with me.

Take my hand.

Let's take a walk over to that side.

Hold my hand. Hold on tight.

And don't let go.

Stay tuned in a few hours for post #1...

A post about eggs.



(Come on now, stop looking at me like I just got off the bus).

This is just the intro, not part of the 40. But, starting with this post, I'm counting up comments. No pulling the winner out of a bag this time. I'm counting up comments, minus spamish bizness. Substantial comments. We giving away cookies, books, cash and something outstanding for the top prize, which is top secret, lol. This one is skewed towards my regular commenters and longtime residents of the House of Ladylee.

But you lurkers are welcome to kick the ballistics (Wassup Canadians, lol).

Hmmm...

So let us begin...

9 comments:

  1. The Green Eyed Bandit5:54:00 AM

    I am sooooo excited for the 40 posts in 40 days. I check several times a day everyday until a new one is posted, even when I am pretty sure you probably wont post. You know I love reading your blogs and is the official recruiter, stalker, and cheerleader for the House of LadyLee. I am always learn something from your posts even when you are being smurfy. I know you post for you but I get something from them too. So it is at least a 2fer.

    I think I need to get a journal to take down the nuggets you will sling. (Did I just say journal?) Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :::holding out my hand:::

    Count me in! You know I'll be here reading, thinking, ruminating even when I don't comment.

    Welcome to my world, Dr LadyLee. I'm looking forward to being a part of your journey. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Green Eyed Bandit...

    "I check several times a day everyday until a new one is posted,..."

    Cut that out, man... You are one part blog police, one part stalker Stan, though, lol.

    And you're gonna go buy a journal.

    YEAH RIGHT!! LOL!!! Thanks for the morning laugh. Too funny!

    @Ms.Blackliterature.com... you should have plenty of opportunities to fire off a few emails my way. You're my personal bootleg work-for-free psychotherarpist so don't start charging for your services, lol.

    I promise to keep it light... really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02:00 AM

    Yay!!! I'm excited and ready to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT will be sending you a bill.

    I know what doing this countdown did for me but I didn't really know how it was received by others so I'm really looking forward to reading your pages and pages and pages ... oh sorry ... of revelations.

    I absolutely never win anything so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it, I read this one after the egg post..if I'da known all of that...my comment would have been all subtantial and errything..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm IN...Let 'em rip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Green Eyed Bandit8:17:00 AM

    You know I buy journals.....just for other people

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:17:00 PM

    Hehehe, Canadians eh?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!