Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday, Monday.

Monday, Monday.

COLD MONDAY!

The current temperature in the ATL is 29 degrees.

29 degrees!!!?!

The weatherman just said "It's cold, but you're not going to be thinking about it, because it's going to be soooo pretty outside."

*Lee throws brick at TV*

Uh, I guess we can say that summer is officially over.

LOL!

I'm going to work today. I don't know WHY I just didn't take the entire 2 weeks off, like most people. I think I was thinking of my birthday vacation. But we won't be thinking of that next year. I'm dipping just like everyone else.

But I only work 2 days this week. That will go by VERY fast. Very fast indeed. I plan to work hard as I can, despite having a fight with my boss on Friday. (I am still suprised that I wasn't written up and sent home), and being thrown under the bus by a couple of coworkers (which was quite funny, as the boss paid no attention to them).

I'ma make these 2 days count. Then I am OFF.

My weekend. I have a decent weekend. Saturday, I decided to go donw to see Baby Bandit, one of the House of LadyLee Mascots, play in one of his high school basketball games.

I got directions from his Mama on how to get there, but I fooled around and got off at the wrong exit. I called up the Green Eyed Bandit, and she was like "That's wrong, I'll have to talk you through the street way."

I whined the whole time. It was waaaaaay to deep out in Henry County, and ya'll know I don't like running around down there.

Once I got out there, in the middle of nowhere, I was all good.

But Green Eyed Bandit... that was the last basketball Im making. You got me all out there with Hansel and Gretel. Ugh.

The game was cool. But Baby bandit's team lost.

And he had the gall to say afterwards, "Miss LadyLee, did you see me dunk the ball?"

*Lee gives Baby Bandit the hard side-eye*

His friend Kool-aid asked if I saw the smooth alley-oops.

By that time, it was time for me to go. (Before I got the unction to throw both of them into a choke hold).

I'm always glad to support the boys. But I'ma need ya'll to move within the ATL metro area.

Afterwards I went to a bookclub meeting. I didn't care for the book, Eric Jerome Dickey's The Other Woman, but we had a very spirited discussion. We have one male member, who was trying to convince us that 95% of all men cheat. That cause a ruckus. He took a verbal shanking for all the things he, as a married man, said about cheating.

Certain things you don't say to a room full of black women. I thought dude was gonna get tackled. But I appreciate his presence, as the male point of view is always helpful (no matter how strange it may be).

I didn't do much on Sunday. It was a chore day. And I spent time with my sister. She cooked her tail off: curry chicken, rice, cabbage, broccoli cornbread, and blackberry cobbler. Goodness! She's a school teacher, and she's off for the next 2 weeks. She could've hooked that up some other day when I wasn't around!

I had a homemade veggie pizza, loaded with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, and peppers. It looked like something off the Flintstones. (You know how big that prehistoric food looked). I also had some braised kale/swiss chard. I meant to cook some baby lima beans, but I'ma hook those up when I come home tonight.

Post of the week. My special goals technologist Aretha closed on her first home. She didn't mention anything about it, but I knew that chick was up to something. I am sooo happy for her.

You go girl.

And she, being my goals technologist, posted her goals for 2010. I guess that means I better get working on my own!

Well, that is all I have for this Monday morning. I'm going to go into work early. So I can leave early. (Well, at least try to). That may be one of those things where I sneak out after my 8hours are done. We'll see.

I won't be posting everyday this week. We'll see.

Ya'll have a great week!

I'll holler!

5 comments:

  1. Your job really sounds like it sucks. Enjoy your time off.

    I would love to be sitting in your living room the next time your sister throws together a meal.

    95%? Did he have any insight on what percentage of women cheat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 95%, I'm not buying it...if I start believing that mess, I may as well wrap my head around being single forever.

    Yay, I made the post of the week again!! I haven't closed yet..I close tomorrow morning 9am! I'm excited.

    I hope those 2 days fly by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:26:00 AM

    I'm sorry for your troubles at work. Remember 2 Corinthians 4:8-9!

    Y'all should have been more apt to listen instead of crush your male friend's view. It's a fact, married men cheat. However, I'm not sure about that percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well with the job and all. As far as married men cheating, I think most of them will if given the opportunity. But I believe it is less than 60 percent. Remeber I said most men will cheat if they had someone to cheat with. If these women would tell these married men to go take their sorry butts home, cheating would be less than 10 percent. Most of them never leave their families anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talked to an older man while waiting in Wal-mart's impossibly long lines, lol. Anyway, he was a cutie pie who had been married 48 years! He looked fabulous...appeared to be around 60 years old. (I would have never guessed he was old enough to have been married so long) He reminded me of the obvious that I need a man who loves God to ensure my man is faithful when I'm not around. Makes sense because with God all things are possible...even male fidelity, lol.

    Any my thoughts are a pledge to God of fidelity when respected and understood would garner much more allegiance than a pledge to little ole' me.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!