Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Furious Handclaps!

Okay, uh, yeah... I'm trying to sound smurfy for you today.

Yes indeed. LOL .

And it's time for me to sow something into someone's life. That's just something I loooooooove to do. I just get a kick out of it. It makes me cheese hard like Celie. It makes me do the high rockette kicks. It makes my heart beat extra fast!

It makes me break out with the furious handclaps!

It's just my way of honoring you for taking time out of your day to read my rambles. (I may do a post on honor. We will see.)

I just love that. Why?

Cause we living in a time when Ninjas always trying to get over on you. Seems like dogging people is the norm these days. You always gotta watch a sucka.

SIGH, man! Hard Sigh.

"I cannot stand that!!!" I holler through clenched teeth, with my fists balled up tight. "Makes me want to kick Oscar-Tyrone or kick a wall!"

But me...

I'm LadyLee.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl.

I ain't like that, babes.

I wanna do you good! Make you feel a mite bit SMURFY!

And it allows me to step outside of myself, and think about somebody else!

So guess what? I did the drawing for the workbook by Priscilla Shirer, He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear from God.



Winner: Lisa B.

Alternate: Jennifer

Give our winners a strong handclap!!!

*ladylee standing up and clapping furiously*

I have an alternate winner because Lisa B, uh.. I think she one of Serenity's clientele, and she's a chicken that wanders over on over to the front porch of the House of LadyLee and sits a spell. So I don't know how to track her down. Honey, you better email me at my Oldgirl email: oldgirl_1@earthlink.net.

Holla my way if you want that book.

Alternate is Jennifer: I know Jennifer's email. So I can harrass her at will. LOL!

Jennifer is funny to me. She's a reader that showed up out of nowhere, and uh, I was talking about an interesting sermon I heard on depression, and she asked me to put up my notes. And I think it was anonymous, not sure.

My first thought was... "Who the hell is this?!?!?!"

(Scuse my language... I am working on that... inconsistently, I may add).

Then it was like... Uh, oh. Let me shut up. Let me zip it QUICK.

Why do I say that? Because there is a most interesting verse in the bible. Very interesting indeed.

Hebrews 13:2 NLT Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!

So instead of cussing hard, I shut up... and typed up my notes. Might be a frickin' angel jumping up out of nowhere. You never know.

And you know... there's a reason for everything.

Really though.

This was important. Because I think it was the first time I typed up notes over here. I'm funny about that, because this ain't a spiritual blog, even though that's what I think about most of the time. I use this blog to massage my creative writing skills. I have a batcave private blog, and it was for spiritaul things specifically. But I kept that seperate from the House of LadyLee.

So as Serenity touched off all my Food-For-thought series, Jennifer touched off the "Please post your notes" saga. LOL.

So when someone asks in the comment section to posts my notes that I mention that I found interesting, shoot man... I AM QUICK TO DO IT.

Why? Because it's helpful to me. I end up digging something extra out with it that I didn't see before. And then, it's helpful to you.

And we can all sit around and be blessed.

*lee throws flower petals in the air*

So she and I formed an interesting email friendship. Turns out she was going through something that I had been through, and we were able to talk about it.

So Ms. Jennifer is responsible for that.

Let's give Jennifer a handclap!

*lee clapping hands furiously*

Happy to know you, Oldgirl. You helped me more than I helped you. Believe dat.

And you're a twitter friend now. I remember seeing your twitter avatar and thinking... "So, she's real. She ain't a angel with a laptop afterall."

LOL

So, uh... hit me up on my Oldgirl email, Lisa B. Don't be lollygagging around now! If I don't hear from you, then you miss out, babes! Holler at me!!!!!!! I wanna do you good today, gal!

Jen, you got my gub'ment email. Holler at me. If Lisa B. drag her feet, that's your book! If she get it, I may throw a sack of cookies your way or something, Oldgirl...

That is alll for today. I am STILL trying to organize my vacay pics.

Stay tuned for vacation posts mixed in with my regular posts!

7 comments:

  1. LOL@ She wasn't an angel with a laptop! LOL
    I'm gonna order that book. Me want it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! *clapping* It is nice to win goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **furious handclaps**

    Congrats ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:04:00 AM

    Woooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!

    Thanks Ladylee! I will be emailing you shortly!

    I AM A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

    Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

    ~LisaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ladies! Imma have to get that book...haven't been my bubbly self lately but, I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer9:49:00 AM

    I'm real! LOLOLOL You are a funny lady... and a real gem to me. Thank you for sharing your heart - and your notes! :-) (emailing you now...)

    But umm.... since I didn't get the book, can I get on the cookie list? *big cheesy grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe everybody ought to look at this.
    flowy dresses | tiered skirt | cool keychains

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!