Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Snake Bites, Revisited

*Poetry from the Mayor of my Hood, House of LadyLee official Poet Laureate, Snake, circa 2007*

Thank you!



I wanna thank LadyLee
For letting spit sh** on paper for someone else to see!
A lot of million dollar rappers are out there,
And they are bad!
But they're not down with LadyLee,
I know they are mad!
So to everyone who gave me a comment, THANK YOU!
And that just let me know that you can be... BIT!

LadyLee stay strong,
And Let peace and purpose be your spice in life!
Oh yes! You're the best!

LadyLee, you don't go to the ATM enuff,
To keep getting this stuff...
But for you? I'll do anything!!


Chandalier Lights



My Mama told me if I wanna keep my house with chandalier lights,
Pay attention to my spendings, and stay off that pipe.
Every dollar that you made was properly spent,
But now you spend the money like you got no sense.


Have a Heart

I was walking the streets on my my way to the store one night.
An old friend of mine hollered at me as I walked by.
She had a sign that said "Hungry! Will work for food!"
So I said to myself "I've got to have a heart in this situation."
So I stepped to her,
Gave her 4 dollars,
Took her sign,
And wrote on it...
"Why lie! I wanna get high!!"


I had a heart.

3 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!