Monday, March 21, 2011

Good Monday Merning

Good Monday Morning to you all...

It's the first day of spring!

*busted attempt at cartwheels*

I hope er'one had a great weekend.

It was nice in the ATL this weekend: 81 degrees on Saturday, 65 degrees on Sunday.

I ran an errand down to the Southside ATL on Saturday, and took in some of the nice sunshine. I stayed in the house on Sunday, and took care of a few things around the house.

Now it's Monday.

Let's just say I need to take off today.

Aunt Flo is not making me great today.

Too much information, I know. But whatever. A couple of ya'll out there use me as to let you know when your time is coming up, so listen up: Aunt Flo bout to roll up on you and knock on your door, honey chile! She sho is.

LOL!

I apologize to my male readers. Ya'll will be alright. Us females, we serious about our red dollar days.

What a weekend. It was wonderful. And that's with Saturday and Sunday being totally blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Saturday felt a little to me like one of my favorite songs.



(You young gals don't know nothing bout that song. That's GOOD REAL music).

I felt like the tone of that song. Melancholy, man. Sad. Felt like crap. My hormones all jacked up. Headachy. Cramped up. Bedridden. Feeling yucky and anxious, but just wanna sleep.

That don't matter. This was one of my best weekends of the year thusfar.

Why!? Cuz I met one of the most fantastic and interesting people I've ever met on Friday evening.

Really.

I met my "Play Mama", Mrs. Adrienne...

I had been thinking about this meeting for a good two or three days. I must admit, for some reason, my nerves were a bit shot. My Fridays aren't all that wonderful, because I am bone tired from the week, but it gave me something to look fowrad to!

My cubicle mate, Cowgirl Cre had to hear me whisper all day.

"I get ta meet my play Mama tonight. I sure do."

LOL.

I had to come up with some gift ideas. I made her 3 dozen triple chocolate chip pecan and oatmeal raisin and mixed dried berry walnut cookies.




And I got a couple other gifts for her. (Ya'll know I don't go nowhere empty handed. Humph).

She told me where she was hanging out in the ATL, and we had dinner near her at Kiku Hibachi steakhouse.

I'd never been to this place before. And these days, if I eat out, I look for somewhere with some seafood options. (I STILL haven't been to a vegetarian restaurant. That is on my to-do list). My coworker had shown me some pictures of her daughter's birthday at Kiku, and I looked at the menu, and sent Adrienne the menu to see what she thought and it was a go.

Man, it was good, and they give you a lot of food.

We both had the scallop and shrimp dinners...


We shared a side of lobster.

I wonder how they scooped that lobster out like that.

I liked that there were lots of vegetables. I got a good idea of how to cook my squash now.







Yep, that was a whole lotta food. And even the fried rice was good!

And she bought ME some gifts.

ME???
O_oOdd. People rarely give me anything. I don't look for anyone to give anything. I get so much out of giving. Your smile and appreciation is my gift. Period.

But she brought me some nice things:

A candle!




I smelled it. Smelled like one of those sugar cookie type candles. "I'm not burning this. I'm gonna sit it on my mantle."

"You better burn that candle," she said.

Yes, I burned it as you can see. It was very nice. *hard lip quiver, threats of crying.*

Then, there was another gift. She made monogrammed napkins for me.

Wow! They were so nice. And soft! I almost put one around my neck, but I would pass out if I got anything on it.

The most suprising gift of all was a little handmade hardcover notebook, about four inches by four inches in size. It was titled "Be Encouraged".


I touched the cover. It was so pretty that I didn't want to open it. But when I did, I was glad. It was full of different scripture related to encouragement.





My goodness. It was sooooo nice. And I LOVE giving handmade gifts to people. And it's always nice to get some. Really nice.

"I'm gonna take this book to work with me. Use it when I get the unction to open my Good Book of Cuss."

I can now go open my good book of encouragement.

My eyes got a little moist there. If she would've looked away, I would've busted out crying.

I was sooooooooooooo glad to meet my "play Mama". We had a good time, great convo, and I learned much from her and about her.

When I got home, I immediately called LadyTee and told her about the evening. "She's so such a sweet kind person. Just really nice," I said. LadyTee and I almost had an argurment over the fact that my play mama is younger than me.

Thought I was gonna have to open my book of Cuss on LadyTee. But I was good. lol.

It was a great end to a long week, great convo over a great dinner. I'll always remember that.

Shoot, I coulda ended my weekend on FRIDAY night.

Could've worked all day Saturday and Sunday for all I care. It's always nice to meet people who are nice, with really good hearts. Makes me feel very rich indeed and honored to be in the presence of such people.

It really makes my heart glad.It really does.

And that, my beloved readers... That's what I call a GREAT weekend indeed.

7 comments:

  1. You had me crackin' up at "red dollar days". I'll have to remember that.

    Your weekend sounded lovely. That food looks delicious! I had a pretty good weekend to, finally got to meet Single Ma. We had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! The gifts look amazing and that food looks delish! Folks can say what they want about the internet but I have met the most AMAZING folks from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say those red dollar times are getting harder. I feel like a mack truck has ran over me right days before up until the first day.


    I hope to see you next time I am in the ATL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. That was so sweet. The food looked delish and red dollar days had me hollering in my cube!!! Hope you feel better soon Oldgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! tOO FUNNY!

    I was so glad to meet you!!!!! YAY!!!! ((((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have known my "red dollar days" was on the way because for the past two days I have been eating alot of sweets and last night I cried. For what, I don't know. Next day, she is here.

    Nice gifts from Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't she the sweetest? She gave me a candle and some stuff too when she came for my vision board party and girl that candle is on my mantle. I've lit it 3 times. LOL

    Ok, I keep hearing about the infamous LadyLee cookies. I'm local and I think my little guy and I need a taste. LOL Don't make me stalk you at Sevananda.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!