Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Monday morning.

Man... sigh. HARD SIGH.

I'm limping into the week, saying that, man.

My weekend was WACK. Wack, wack, wack.

I was so tired after working all week. Just so wiped out that it scared me a little. And I have to recognize that I'm trying to just get back in the swing of things. So this weekend, I didn't plan correctly. I went across town to run errands and forgot a few things. So that means I have to go BACK across town and get this stuff.

GAS TOO HIGH FOR THAT.

*lee finding a notepad and making a list and checking it twice from now on*

So it went by like a blur.

I don't feel good about that. So I will learn from it. I have to put myself on a plan. For my week and my weekend. And that is the solution to the problem.

I must admit, I really enjoyed the sunny weekend, Lovely!! Even turned my car AC on!

I made cookies last night. They are for my WONDERFUL interim boss who we are having a party for. Her last day is Thursday. Doggonit I might just write a story for that chick. I want to touch her and ask "Are you real? Are you an angel?"

Lo and behold, we are all attending her party. This chick treated us like we were HUMAN BEINGS. We gonna be all sad, all gonna be crying and blowing snot.

Because our regular management BLOWS. That is all.

('Scuse my feelings. You should hear my prayers. "Lawd forgive me how I feel about these IDIOTS!!!!" (You don't want to hear the answer to THAT one.)

(My coworkers feel worse. If I told you what they felt, this post would get flagged as inappropriate. So I'm the "optimistic" one of the bunch. I'm working on that... inconsistent but getting there).

Quote of the Week: This one right here blew me away. My twitta sista Lady K sent an email to me last night about something, and it was in her signature.

"A woman's heart should be so close to God that a man has to seek God to find it."
I love simple statements. This one is less than 20 words long, but it made me... pause.

Imagine having a heart so close to God, so in tune with His ways and direction for your life that a man has to seek God just to get next to you.

Must mean that man's heart is close to God too. It speaks to priorities and motivations. That ain't even a religious statement. It's a relationship statement.

Gee whiz, we can talk about that quote all day long. But we won't. Because it ain't all that important to most of us, is it? But it is a most interesting statement.

Moving right along!

Song of the Week: I was watching ol' crazy Dionne Warrick on the Apprentice and thought of one of my favorite songs by her: "Deja Vu"





This song is funny to me. A few years ago, I use to play it everyday in the cubicle, and my cubicle mate would look over her shoulder and whine "Lee, you need to play something else." She knows I will play a song over and over and over....

And this is one of those songs. Very nice, very easy going. I think I confused my cubicle mate when I did a slow raise the roof dance to it. LOL!!!

So that's it for now. Stay tuned for pics, etc. Still culling them, and gonna put them up. Not all that satisfied with my pics, but we'll give it a go!

Have a GREAT week... on purpose!

7 comments:

  1. That quote was awesome and is exactly where my head/heart is these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladylee,
    I can't STAND Dionne on Celebrity Apprentice. She doesn't seem nice at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that quote.*coughs* It sure sounds like a good writing prompt to me! lol.

    This weekend was busy with activity for me. It was full of highs and lows. I'm sitting at work trying to mull it all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chele And Mzinspiredmind81... Yep, that's a great quote. Made me pause and think...

    @sasha... LOL! Dionne is an old woman. Just say what she wanna say, whatever is on her mind! I LOVE IT! I hate that she dissed the deaf chick. The deaf chick was HAUTE about it. (It was a bit rude, though). HUMPH. Dionne made a few enemies.

    (But you can't help but love that song... Waaaaaay before your time, honey!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read that quote many places many times. It is deep.

    I had a lousy weekend. I did not leave the house. I had a couple of events I wanted to attend. I was sleepy and just slept in. The time change threw me off too.


    I missed The Apprentice last night. I have to say old or not some folks need to be silent. Age doesn't make you exempt from acting right.

    I

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee that quote!!! FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Dionne is on the show for awhile. Older people don't care! lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!