Friday, July 08, 2011

Friday Freestyles!

TGIF!

And I ain't mad about that.

Even though I will work only 30 hours this week, I am looking forward to the weekend.

They keep calling for overtime every weekend. I don't think many are taking it. And this Oldgirl isn't taking it either. I sent an email to my boss:

"Unless you got Ludicrus and Mary J.Blige performing a free concert in the back parking lot, I'm not coming in."

LOL

I NEED those two days to get things done that I need to get done.

And today is PAYDAY! Glory!

*cartwheels*

Now on to my random thoughts...

This has been a long week. 4th of July was good, as I got a chance to spend some time with my lil' sister. Then on Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. I've had a sinus infection since last Saturday or Sunday and it is NOT making me great. To the point where when I was sitting in the doctor's office, my doctor walked in and said "What's wrong with you?" I guess me leaning against the wall, giving her the hard side-eye was not the bizness. She gave me a prescription for antibiotics, but I didn't fill it. I must say last night and this morning are the first times all week that I've felt normal.

I also had my annual ecocardiogram. Ugh. Nothing more interesting and jarring than watching an image of your heart on a screen, contracting and relaxing. It puts life in perspective.

And I've thought about that much over the last few days. This year is going by fast. Half the year has passed, and much has happened for me this year, and I'm thankful for that. It's amazing to look back over old journal entries, etc., and see so much happen and make so many strides in my emotions and my spirit. If I blogged about it all, it would be a dissertation... If I blogged about it all, you wouldn't understand it. I am having a hard time coming to grips with much of what is happened my ownself. But I am thankful for it.

So I am happy about that, and I'm blocking out some time this weekend to make goals for the rest of the year, one of which has been in the workings over the past few months: getting rid of as much mental clutter, people clutter, physical clutter... just ridding as much unnecessary clutter out of my life as I possibly can... I cannot tell you the amount of space and freedom that has been generated in my life. Man! I feel like I can think and breathe.. clearly.

The first half of the year was great. I can't wait to see what the remainder of the year will bring.

I actually finished a manuscript this year. Some of you have read Watch. That took about a year and a half to write, I was happy to finish that up, and I'm currently editing it. I'd given a coworker a full printout of it a couple of weeks ago, and she finished it this week and we had a great convo about it. I LOVE when people read things I write and enjoy it and get something out of it. She said that she saw my writing growth since the Sweet Heat manuscript. I actually think Watch is a weaker piece of work, a bit weaker than Sweet Heat, but hey, I'll take the compliment!

For the month of July I'm doing a writing prompt a day. I've generated some very interesting material. Totally blogworthy. Hmm...

I haven't decided on a next project, as I really don't care for writing long form fiction. I like short stuff. That's just me. I'm working on an anthology right now, and a YA story. Both of those are going to be available on Kindle, hopefully before year's end.

Oh and have you heard? Tayari Jones' Silver Sparrow is The Today Show's #1 pick for summer reads! I don't have the link, but I am soooooooo proud of her. Yay Tayari!

I still have to do the drawing for the gift card, AND someone didn't claim one of the books. So there is ONE autographed copy of Silver Sparrow left. All others were claimed and mailed out. So I still have that bag of names and I will pull a few. If your name is on the list, if you are the first to contact me, it's your book. I realize everybody got a copy now, but someone may not. So look out for that on Monday!

We had a VERY interesting development at work yesterday. Our director made an announcement yesterday that she was leaving for a new job. This rumor had been passed around earlier that morning, as I got jerked to the side time I came in at my usual ten o'clock and told about it. Everyone was wide-eyed wondering if it was all true. We couldn't imagine such a thing. I personally have thought that she was being forced out, but to hear that she is leaving... Everyone was happy about that. There was a different atmosphere about the place. Management has managed to run us all into the ground. Time for us to get up again. So good for her. I hope she is happy in her new position next fall. It's been a loooooong 5 years. Long.

Although I find it quite interesting that I was looking at my timecard a couple of days ago and I saw that my time hadn't been approved for my Christmas leave. I was thinking about going to her office and mentioning that. I heard in my spirit "It don't matter because she's not going to be here anyway."

Hmmm... Shoulda wrote THAT one down. 48 hours later she announced she was leaving. Hmmm.

That's all for today. That's about as random as it gets...

I hope every one has had a great week...

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

On purpose.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!