Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Freestyles

Thank goodness it is Friday.

And it is PAYDAY.

I should be turning multiple cartwheels! But I am not. Putting money in savings and paying bills. Working a little on tweaking the budget. Won't be any ball 'til I fall moments!

And is it just me or did this week go by in a flash? I mean it went by FAST.

I had a really good week. I didn't post as much as I liked, or get done much of what I wanted to get done, but it was good nevertheless. I am happy for that.

On Monday, I had dinner with my sister. It is always good to see her. That was one of the highlights of my week. I had others that are personal, and I won't talk about those. But it was good to see and hang out and laugh with my sister. I find that I miss her company alot. We have to get together more often.

I had my mid-year work review. My poor director had the *crickets* all through that one. I know she had to be thinking "This broad REALLY don't care what's going on."

Nope. I don't. I think I'm just getting older. And really, I have completed my career goals checklist. It is basically balled up and thrown in the trash as far as I'm concerned. I turned in a blank development plan. We talked about all these supposed "opportunities" available. i've taken all the training available. Unless I can do it all over, that's a done deal. Nope, don't want those other supposed opportunities. Don't want to be running around the country doing details. Sorry. That's gonna stress me out and make me sick. Not going to be doing extra research stuff in addition to my regular work. I've done research, got plenty of peer reviewed journal papers, been there done that. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Then there was the question of going into management.

Nope, not gonna do that. "I need to keep a certain degree of honesty in my life," was my relpy.

I bet she STILL thinking about that one.

Man, I don't want to be in our management system. I don't want to look down on people, harrass people and make their lives miserable. Don't want to stab them all in the neck. Nerp. There are people who want to move up, etc... but are held down. I don't want to break people's spirits. I do not want any of this on my life record.

No!

"This environment and what goes on here isn't conducive to what I want to do. I'm 41 years old. I have other priorities and more important things than this job on my mind and going on in my life."

I know she STILL thinking on that one. She probably won't speak to me again.

That's cool.

I was thinking this morning... It's one thing to do things wrong, and feel a little guilt about it. But you have to do it, because you gotta stay out of trouble. But it's a whole nother thing to get to the point mentally where it doesn't bother you to do wrong, and you've made up in your mind that it is completely fine and the way to do things. You all of a sudden look up and you are looking down your nose thinking you are better than other people.

Integrity. It's value surpasses that of silver, gold, diamonds and everything else.

That's a "fear" of mine. And it has been on my mind for many years. Loss of honesty and integrity. I can't say I worry about it much. But it stays in the back of my head. I don't wanna develop that.

Gotta answer for that someday... somewhere.

I think too highly and forwardly, I suppose.

Plus I'm reading a book with my sister right now: Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.

And I'm reading two workbooks: Duty or Delight: Knowing where you stand with God and Brave: Honest Questions Women ask.

With all that... Man... I am thinking waaaaaay much about other things.

So with all that said, this was a good week. lol. We had another interim supervisor for the week, while another interim supervisor is on vacation. This chick don't talk to us, and I haven't needed any help or assistance so that worked out well. A quiet workweek with no harassment! *cartwheels*

This weekend I have a few things to do. I gotta call the autoshop to see if they got my bolts in so they can fix my car rack. And Green Eyed Bandit is having a slumber party. I am soooo not in the mood, but Bandit, you my girl, and I will at least comply. You may look up and I've gone home. You need to let me know if I need to bring my own cover and stuff. I ain't all that happy about sleeping on the floor, but like I said, you my folk, and I'll be there.

I've been doing a lot of writing which always makes me HAPPY! I have something... interesting for next week. Either next week, or the week after. We will see... even got a little food for thought for you!

The weekend... it is upon us. You got two days to make it special! Work it out! On purpose!

I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. Nope, not gonna do that. "I need to keep a certain degree of honesty in my life," was my relpy. <----THAT made me BUST out laughing because I can hear you saying it...

    Doing wrong and just doing it...not even caring...REPROBATE. I'm scared of that word.

    So glad you had a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sitting here kickin' it -..too hot to do anything outside...so I thought I mosey on over to read a few blogs...glad I did... and this is the quote that struck me...
    "This environment and what goes on here isn't conducive to what I want to do. I'm 41 years old. I have other priorities and more important things than this job on my mind and going on in my life."

    Substitute a "5" for the fo' and I could hear me saying that...

    As a matter of fact...been saying something akin to this for the last few weeks...too often...which mean something ain't right for a sistah.

    'cept I'm IN management...got folks reporting to me...but the environment is "toxic" --at least for me... Just give me my check and back the hell out of my office ;) --been cussing a lot too...not good :)

    Almost called you last weekend...I pretty much fly solo...and been wearing the hubby's ears out...so I needed some other non-judgemental listener..to blah, blah to. Tag...you were it! BUT much like you--I never want to be a burden or a bother to nary a soul...so I passed --but you came through with this one today! Muchas Gracias! :D

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!