Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Ramblings

I want to post today.

But what I want to post is tooo long.

So I will do some random thoughts.

Lunch. I just finished eating spaghetti and meat sauce with a side of broccoli. The meat sauce was made with soy meat crumbles. I made the sauce chunkier with zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions and peppers. It was GREAT!

Now... Why do I have the 'itis?

I had a bowl of field peas for breakfast. Felt the same way this morning: Itis.

Someone, please bring me a cot and a blanket. And a nice soft pillow. I am in the back of the cubicle area, next to Cowgirl Cre.

Car. My car drives like a dream now. For the past couple of years, I thought I needed another transmission, but it was only a good three hundred dollars worth of work. Engine mount and some bolts for the rack that holds everything in place. Why didn't I deal with that sooner? Sigh.

That's one of my idiosyncracies: I put things off, thinking it's gonna cost a lot, but it doesn't. One day I will learn.

Oslo. You know we got problems in this world when Norway has terroristic problems. NOTHING happens up in Scandinavia. Goodness. So sad. What's next? Iceland? Greenland?

Reminds me that anything and everything, good or bad, can happen in the very next breath you take. Really.

Amy Winehouse. No I won't be hating on her. I wasn't all that familiar with her music. I was riding somewhere with Serenity years ago, and she had the CD playing in her car. I remember thinking, "Why is this girl playing Judy Garland or Liza Minelli? This don't seem to be her type of music." She said it was Amy Winehouse.

Her death reminds me that I am glad that I don't have to live out my problems in the public eye.

And it also reminds me of something I read this week somewhere:

We have a tendency to look at our own problems with rose colored glasses, yet view other people's problems under a magnifying glass.

Hmm...

RIP Amy Winehouse.

Kentucky. I am reading Battlefield of the Mind with my sister Kentucky. WHAT A BOOK. And we discuss it over email. Maaaannn... my sister is one smart cookie! I am learning alot from her thoughts. We must read together more often! *cartwheels*

She turns the big 3-0 in a couple of weeks! I think I am more excited than she is! *more cartwheels*

Work. Work is funny. Someone in the group was wrote up for AWOL... after telling the supervisor that he had medical issues and was going to the doctor. NOTHING surprises me anymore.

So for my next doctor appointment, I see I'm going have to be like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour.

LadyLee talking slow... enunciating every word.

"I am taking off for a doctor appointment! Do you hear the words coming out of my mouth!!??"

LOL. Craziness. You can keep your AWOL. I'm going to the Doctor on August 15. Doggonit.

Funny Stuff. So the current interim boss, Sir By, is on his last week of detail. He is ordering lunch for us tomorrow from a local Taco Mac. So I am usually troublesome when requests come my way. I like to entertain myself. < By: Order what you like, and it will be picked up as a "To Go Order".

Lee: I would like to order an adult beverage. Please and thank you.
By: Funny, funny. What do you want, Dr. P?
Lee: Jack Daniels on the Rocks.
By: That translates to a Southwestern Wrap with fries. Right?
Lee: No. Liquid lunch.

No response. I ordered a California Portabella Wrap. Hope it's tasty!

GUMBO: So my play Mama Adrienne, who read yesterday's post, sent a picture of the Gumbo she had yesterday for lunch.




Looks like she got some kind of Po Boy action going on there, also... And she has some saltine cracker action goin on too...


hmm...


Thanks for the picture, Mama! That looks good! I can see the sausage over in there! Yum!
That's it for my ramblings. That was fun! and fast!


Happy Tuesday :)

6 comments:

  1. AWOL for going to a doctor's appt? O_0 RIDICULOUS!

    "We have a tendency to look at our own problems with rose colored glasses, yet view other people's problems under a magnifying glass." <--- whew!!! That ain't nothing but the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battlefield of the Mind will change your life if you let it.

    I mean the part on Romans 8. I think you did a post on another chapter in Romans. The book made me really rethink a lot of things.

    I love Joyce Meyer, though this is an amazing work. I have been told Power Thoughts is even better.

    Since she is telling what to replace that negativitiy with...My bible study group is ever soooo sloooowly getting through it.

    And I am mostly okay with it. It's nice to discuss something so powerful with ppl so different.

    I am a Southern woman discussing the book with an NY Latina and Russian American.

    good stuff...

    anyway can't wait for that longer post so that you can continue to amaze me with your wisdom.

    only the very best ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just post the longer stuff....imma wait lol.

    YAY! glad y'all are reading together! I'mma have to get that workbook. I read the book years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had breakfast and that photo makes me hungry. So thanks Lee and Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the Good Doctor drops another nugget of wisdom over here.

    "We have a tendency to look at our own problems with rose colored glasses, yet view other people's problems under a magnifying glass."

    Ain't that the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!