Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lawnmower Blues

Mannnnn....

I broke my lawnmower!





I've only had it for a couple of months. Now it's broken.

And it's my fault.

Let me tell you something: I must say that I do not like cutting grass. I was paying $15 every two weeks to have my grass cut, but my the local who cuts my grass dissappeared. He had a heart attack earlier in the year, and I thought that dude was dead. But it turned out that he'd been locked up for a month.

So I might let him cut it every once in awhile, but I usually cut it myself. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes. But this time, I let it grow to0 high and it was a bit harder to cut. (Not my fault! Whenever I wanted to cut grass it would rain. I am NOT cutting wet grass).

And it was harder to cut.

And the mower kept cutting off.

And I kept shaking it around to get the built up grass out.

And the lever that keeps the mower on broke.

LAWD!

I had finsihed cutting the front yard, and was working on the sides. That's when that happened.

I was pisseed!

So I swept up some of my grass clippings, put the mower in the garage, and went on in the house.

This meant that I had to go find Mr. Thomas.

Sigh.

He has said, when I've wailed in the past about where he is: "You should come looking for me!"

And I would think to myself "Man, I am NOT running up in a crackhouse looking for you!"

HUMPH.


I'm sure he could read the look on my face... everytime he says that.

But I went searching the other day. Didn't take long to find him.


I yelled out the window to various locals manning the corners, "Where Thomas at?"

The answer was a lazy "Over in that house."

Hmm... I wasn't getting out the car to go up in "that house".

(I thought about snapping a picture with my cellphone, but uh, no).

I yelled his name from my car, and he came outside. I told him the situation, gave him 12 dollars, and told him to finish my yard whenever. This could be a good or a bad thing. He disappeared real quick with that money. Hopefully he will get to my yard sometime this week. But that was 2 days ago.

If I don't see him by Saturday, I will go looking for him again.

Meanwhile, I gotta get this lawnmower repaired.

Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. Lawd...thank you Lee for not snapping a cell phone pic of "that house" *flatlines* LOLLLLLLL!

    Even though I'm severely allergic to grass, I'm at the point of wanting to buy a lawnmower and cut my grass myself. The guy who does my lawn has a problem w/ realizing the fine line between being my lawncare dude and wanting to holla #puke #ewww #noteven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawn work is the one thing that, I just can't seem to do. If I didn't have fellas here, I'd have to pay someone.
    Check your email chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every summer I find myself perusing Craigslist for a lawn dude. So far the one I've found this summer is woeking out(fingers crossed). My backyard is too big to fool with and really I can't see cutting it anyway. I hate outdoor chores. Plus ever since the lawn dude told me about the snake that was on his leg and scared the mess out of him while cutting my yard I just can't .....hope Thomas make it thru soon

    LOL at MzInspired's #puke, ew and noteven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! Imma send Aj over to cut your grass lol. He is big enough lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl. I don't know what I'm going to do when my son leaves. I think I was forced to touch my lawnmower one time in 9 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, you gotta get that mower fixed. I hope you're not living among people (caucasions) cause they'll call the popo on you. Shoot, if it got to looking too bad, I might just call them on you myself. Bringing down the property value and whatnot. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!