Monday, October 08, 2012

Happy Columbus Monday!


Happy Columbus day to You!

Yes, I am excited about the day that Christopher Columbus "discovered" America.

Why?

Because I'm a gubment employee and I am OFF!

And it feels good!

So, Happy Columbus day! LOL

Not sure what's on tap today. It is COLD outside and in my house. The high in the ATL today is 60 degrees.

And I refuse to turn on the heat. And I see right now that I have to go buy some new blankets. I have split them up between 2 beds, and uh... that's just not gonna work out.

So a visit to the Wal-Mart is in order.

So, in the LadyLee news...

It's the 7th anniversary of home ownership.  

Yes, that is the actual House of LadyLee! LOL

I meant to do a post on Friday, October 5th, which is the actual anniversary. But I didn't get around to it. Would've been nice because I had many thoughts on it all. I can't say I am head over heels about home ownership, the biggest reason being that when something goes wrong or needs to be fixed, well, it comes out of pocket. It was nice calling the apartment maintenance man. Can't do that anymore.

I don't like yardwork, man. Thank goodness I don't have 5 acres of land. That would not work out!

But I like where I live. It's near the job. And I basically live downtown, so I am at the center of everything, and no more than 30 minutes from all parts of metro ATL. I don't drive much. And I REALLY wanted to live in the downtown ATL. Suburbia is not for me, since I had the experience some 20 years ago living downtown while in grad school. It was always my dream to find a home down there again. I LOVE not having to spend that much time in the car, man. I don't know how I would have to deal with spending too much time in traffic. Ugh.

I am thankful for my lil' home! Yes indeed.

So overall, I give my experience a B+.  And that's good.

Alright now... the election is 29 days away...

Have you registered to vote? If not, get on it!

I cannot wait for this election to be over. It is a constant topic on the news channels. That is a good thing, but   it is so fear inducing. I can't wait for it to be over.

I'm sure the muppets on Sesame Street feel the same way.


LOL.

You do understand that PBS is not going to shut down. They will just be forced to do more membership drives, and go to a commercial format like the regular stations. Infomercials will crowd the late night hours as they do on most stations.

And let's face it... how many of you even watch PBS... with all its quality programming? Hmm. Something to think about.

With that said, you all have a fantastic Columbus day. My holiday is great just because I am off. If it wasn't a shame, I'd put on a old fashion Columbus hat and place some tiny ships on the dining room table and throw something out on the grill!

But alas, I won't do that.

I am going to "get out in the streets" on this cold cold Columbus day. Plenty errands to run indeed. Hopefully I can get back home, just in time for Judge Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!