Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Freestyles

FRIDAY!!

*supersonic cartwheels*

And it's PAYDAY!!

*high rockette kicks*

AND I have a three day weekend coming up! How AWESOME is that!???!

*breakdancing and spinning on my head*

LOL.

Alas, even though it's Friday, it's another workday. I get off at 6:30 pm. And I'll be watching the clock until then.

Tic, tic, tic.

Sigh.

My week is ending well, but didn't start off great. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and got ripped by my doctor. I wasn't in the mood, and I told the dude who does my bloodwork that Doc better be glad I got good manners, cuz I would've opened my Good Book of Cuss on her. (I am amazed at my personal growth over the years. I have a very violent personality, and it is under control. GLORY!)

She knows I am slow, but I get things done. She knows that I have to plan all my medical stuff. I told her that last year was a dental year, and this year I plan to get around to other things.  I can't do everything at the same time. Money don't grow on trees, you know.

She didn't like that. And she went off.

She will be alright. I feel fine. Go have a seat.

But I told her I would do better. Now that my dental work is out the way, lol.

I am just fine. Bloodwork looks fine. She will be alright. But I will have done what she needs me to have done by my next appointment in late march. I can do that.

You know lately, instead of getting pissed about things like this, I've decided to ask myself a very specific question on purpose:

What is the solution to the problem?

And I have made the decision on purpose to concentrate on the solution only. Not how I feel, not the fact that I'm irritated or pissed, none of that. 

What is the solution to the problem?

And that has been working out WELL for me and my heart. Really though.
We have been having a winter storm scare the past couple of days. Just a scare, nothing going on. I went home early yesterday just in case, because you know us Atlanta folks can't drive. I'm not worried about me, but I'm worried about ya'll hitting me.

I did have a big tree branch fall in the backyard. Glad it didn't hit the house or Pam the Protege, who is parked in the back of the driveway. The tree branch was big enough to put a dent in her.

I suppose I need to go buy a nice chainsaw and cut that sucker up, you think?

That seems dangerous. I don't want to hurt myself. And I am a tomboy in the grandest definition of the word, but I don't care for dangerous stuff. I can't stand yard and lawn labor, where I have to get dirty. I'll do it, but I won't be happy about it. And then with me trying to figure out how to work a chainsaw. Uh, yeah... I'll pay a local to deal with that foolishness.

Current Events. I tell you, the year is only 2 weeks old, and already there is tomfoolery on my TV screen. Bothers me to turn on the television, and instead of seeing something worthwhile, I have to wade through the hot topics of the day.

Who is this Te'o fella?


And why are ya'll so caught up in his story? I don't have an opinion on it. I don't know the fella. I don't know if he was catfished, if he made all of this up, or if he on the downlow. It is anyone's guess.

Any which way it goes... this type of thing happens all the time.

How does it feel to be in the spotlight, young fella? Private life is no more!

And that's what is sad to me.
What's up with Lance Armstrong?

I watched part of that interview. I was thinking, "Gee whiz, he's a soci.opath. I don't need to be watching this. Let me turn my TV to something more positive."

They called him that, a socio.path on Morning Joe this morning. I can usually spot so.ciopaths a mile away. Been around that, don't care to be around it, and I stay far away from them.

I hope the people he stomped on and sued in the past feel vindicated now. He was only doing what sociopat.hs do, you see.

Who would've ever thought these things would have been at the top of the news all week? Sheesh.

That's all for today. I have NO idea what I'm doing with my three day weekend. I want to go to the movies. I WILL do a yarn run, for sure. I have to go to the Wal-mart. And I need to go grocery shopping.

GOOD grief! Yes I do know what I'm doing with my weekend!

3 day weekend! Glad of it!

You have a good one... on purpose!

3 comments:

  1. Blessings.....
    use you weekend to rejuvernate and enjoy the peace.

    Lance, well what can i say, people need to stop idealizing people with shit loads of money and realize at the end of the day, they are human and very flawed like the rest of us. No amount of money exempts one from the human experience. He had to beat the press to the rest, he only talk cause he got caught and sometimes the best action is forward action to beat them to the punch. I just kept the tele on to give Oprah the ratings.

    peace...
    stay blessed.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/p/guestbook.html
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee,

    U can handle the chainsaw. Just go to Home Depot and have them demonstrate to you how to use it. There used to be a 24 hr location over near Lenox. I once had to buy a rotary saw when I was installing some hardwood (laminate) flooring in the Master bedroom and my daughter's room. Things came to a halt in the middle of the night and I had to get the rotary saw so I could finish up the flooring before a 4th of July party. So all of that to say, go for it, set your mind to it and you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might do that... I'm sure they have something easy for me to handle! Thanks!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!