Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Of Fallen Limbs...


So this here tree in my backyard... Sigh.


It is a culprit of sorts. If you look at the very center of the picture, you can see where something looks like it broke off.

And it did... this big giant limb.



It doesn't look very big. But it's a good 20 feet long.

I couldn't take one picture of it. I had to take two pictures to get the whole thing.



Sigh.

Pam the Protege was in the back of the driveway, some 4 feet from the tree. Thank goodness the limb didn't fall

Thank goodness the limb didn't fall on the green bootleg house in the picture. Don't want to mess up people's liquor, you know. LOL

This limb... doesn't look bad, but it is a heavy thing. And I need to at least cut it in three pieces to get it up to the street.

So the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to go buy a CHAINSAW.

I have 2 trees in the backyard. I wish I could get those trees cut down... But uh, that's $2400 per tree. Uh, nerp.

I am concerned about these storms, though. Don't want anything falling on my house...

Or that bootleg house, you know.

So we will see what's up. Real soon.

4 comments:

  1. I had a rather large tree taken down in my backyard. Other people quoted me $2500 and I had someone take it down for a fraction of that. Let me know if you want the company number.

    He might run a little late, but they were nice, did a great job and a few other people have used them as well. We can't have those trees fall on you Ladylee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll holler if I need to get it done. Especially if the trees go bad. One is a pecan tree that's not producing, so I figure that will have to come down one day.

      And I don't need nothing falling on the bootleg house or in the yard of the bootleg house. I don't want any problems out of them, lol.

      Delete
  2. Funny story:

    During Hurricane Katrina, there were nice-sized tree limbs that snapped in our backyard as well. So we knew we had to pay someone to come and remove the limbs. Just so happens that on the day they arrived I wasn't at home. But I told my woman to write for the costs. Keep in mind, I'm thinking at the most it would be no more than $200. To my surprise they charged us a little under $800 to cut and remove the limbs!!!

    Talk about shocked. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Don...Oh heck no, bruh!! No way!!

      I know you were O_O. LOL!!!

      I got too many crackheads walking around my neighborhood to be paying that much! LOL!!! I might just walk out here and give somebody $20 to drag it away to some empty lot down the road!

      LOL

      I may just wrap a rope around that sucker and hook it to the car and drag it down the road somewhere in the middle of the night if it comes down to it! LOL

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!