Monday, January 28, 2013

Items (Not Wanted)

From time to time I find items in my yard that I don't want.

Much of it is a result of livng in the hood.

An empty potato chip bag, a used styrofoam plate, an empty soda can...

You know, stuff like that. And you know how folks in the hood finish whatever they are drinking or eating and drop the trash whatever.

You know how we do...

However, other things get dropped off in my yard.

I came home one day after work and found a blue hurbie curbie (that's what we call them) in my yard.



For some odd reason, the City of ATL has gotten the notion to run a recycling program.

Humph. I don't recycle. It's just me. I don't have enough going on to recycle.

It even came with instructions.


I perused those. That's just too much going on. They trying to make me think about my trash. That's not going down. So I decided to just leave the blue recycle hurbie curbie in the backyard.

They better not be charging me extra on my yearly waste bill for that. They can come right on back and get that sucker.

*reminding myself to call the city of ATL waste department to see what's up*

So... I was leaving for work one morning and saw something blue on my porch.

I stop the car in the middle of the street and ran up to see what it was.


A little bin. I don't know WHO left it. I looked around at all the other houses and everyone seem to have one.

So no one was marking my house for robbery or nothing like that. And at the same time, I don't know who left it. Now this was around Christmas time. Was I suppose to fill it with canned goods or something? And what does "Tycoon" mean? Hmm. No one said anything.

Looks like something some little kids group made for the community. Interesting little project. They at least need to say something.

And it is still sitting out on my front porch. I'll bring it in the house in a couple months.

Then there's the RATCHET mess that's left in my yard.

So, I was pushing my trash to the curb, when I saw something in a corner near the driveway and the retainer wall. I walked over to see what it was.


Some doggone hair brushes!!

Somebody stole some brushes and dumped them in my yard!

What the world?

And no, I didn't move them. Didn't touch them. Left them right where they were.  (Although I did try to see if there was a type of brush there that I use, lol)

Somebody scooped them up a couple of months later.

I'll probably see more of that since the empty house next door to me is a popular cut through to the next street. Sigh.

I would say something to those jokers, but I don't need them targeting me. Humph.

Just a few of the "not wanted" items that appear in my yard from time to time.

There are also those unwanted items that show up and go away...


That's a stray cat. He fancies the rough welcome mat on my porch. I leave him be.

Ah yes... Living in the 'hood is all good.

Let me just be glad no discarded weapons have been thrown in my yard.

4 comments:

  1. I recycle bin. I forget to use it.

    But let's talk about these brushes. Did the person forget he/she stashed them there? Who buys stolen brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I don't know! You natural hair chickens might like a good deal on a good hair brush!

      I think they didn't want them, then threw them there. Someone came along and got them.

      I am NOT fooling with that recycle bin. NERP. Throw my stuff in the regular trash!

      Someone needed some good brushes! LOL

      Delete
  2. Whenever I see people drop trash I swear I just want to kick them. Nasty is what nasty does.

    I'm anal enough to call people out when I see them doing it too. I will also pick the trash up within sight of them and throw it in the trash in front of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recycle. At all.

    But uhhh about those brushes lol. That's hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!