Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold Weather Fashions!

Is it cold enough for you outside?

YES IT IS.

So you better dress warmly... albeit fashionably.

Now, I am by no means the fashionista... FAR from it.

But I know many who are.

And I am always fascinated by... interesting gear. You can be warm and be cute at the same time.

For instance, there's my PlayMama. I saw her for a couple hours this weekend! (Yep, jumped in the car and headed one state over! Gotta write about that!)

She is sporting a special hat that she made.  It is called a cloche.


Me and my cubicle mate CowgirlCre have been discussing this very fervently!

"What the heck is a cloche?" I said as I looked up the definition online.

It is a hat. One that fits close to the skull, or is shaped like a bell. It was first popular in the twenties.

"Cre, you could wear that hat!!" I said.
"No I can't, girl," Cre said. "I'm not the fashionista!"
"Don't mattter, Cre. You just trying to stay warm. And that big flower can block the wind!"
"I'm not trying to wear that! That's a church hat. And I'm not trying to go to church. Just give me a regular skull cap."

*much laughter*

CowgirlCre shook her head. "I can't wear that out to see Felix [her horse]. He might try to snatch that out of my hair. Heck, I feel funny wearing synthetic hair around him. So I know I can't wear that."

*hearty fits of laughter*

(I know the other people in the cubicle area are going "What the world?")

We learned something new today. "Cloche".  That was unexpected.  I will need to know that if I go on a game show or something.

Anyway, my PlayMama made that hat! And she has them for sale... for all you fashionistas out there!

So on to something else fashionable...

We tend to give the youngster in my workgroup a hard time. Well not really a hard time, but I know when she sees us coming her way she is bracing herself. There's no telling what we have to say. (Yes, we are... special).

Me and CowgirlCre call her "Sushi".  And depending on what she's wearing that day, an adjective gets added to that. She has been "Tokyo Sushi" for a minute.  She was looking like she was leaving work for a night out on the Hong Kong streets!

Yes, we are fascinated with her. What is she wearing today? is our constant question.

So she comes in one day with these boots on.


I like those. They will match anything. I would like some black ones, though. I would get these cream ones mad dirty.

Hmm... We had to come up with a name for her.

"Eskimo Sushi!" CowgirlCre said.
"No, you gotta have the coat, the hat, the gloves and the boots to be Eskimo Sushi."

I called her Downtown Sushi! (Although I do fancy Eskimo Sushi).
Now I was really suprised by the logo on the side of the boots.



O_O

A Nike swoosh? What the world? When did Nike start making fashionable boots?

I tell you... Nike has already cornered the atheletic shoe market. They trying to branch out.

You can stay warm AND go for a run in those suckers. Multipurpose!!

She made our day with those boots.  And if Nike makes the full outfit, I know she will get it.

That's my version of the winter fashions...

Your fashions for these cold weather days!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha hahaha tall so funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like those boots.

    Your play mama threw me off when she posted on twitter that she made a cloche. Never heard of the term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to that hat! If my hair wasn't so big and curly, I would totally rock it. She looks good in it too...I think much of pulling it off has to do with personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 77 degrees here in Charleston, South Carolina today. I saw some jacked up feet in open toed shoes that shouldn't have been shown until April.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!