Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Taste for Cabbage

So I was in my local Whole Foods and I saw some interesting cabbage.


*buggie screeches to a halt*

Cabbage.

Conical shaped cabbage. Last week I posted up some strange geometrical cauliflower. I guess the geometric veggies are all the rage now, lol.

I tell you, folks know they be experimenting, don't they?

Cabbage is suppose to be round.

This is actually a type of cabbage called caraflex cabbage.

I didn't buy any. I only stared at it.

It is a space saver type of cabbage, but it's suppose to taste like cabbage nevertheless.

It would save space in the fridge, though.

Like I said, I didn't buy any.

But I might the next time I have a taste for cabbage...



9 comments:

  1. I am known for experimenting with the foods that noone else wants to try. I wonder if my local Jungle Jim's store has this. I'm going to try it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I hope you find it. Because I've never seent that before. If it does tastes like regular cabbage, that's a good thing, because it takes me FOREVER to go through a medium head of cabbage.

      Delete
  2. It would save space in the fridge, though.

    Hilarious. It no longer seems as if the bottom tray of the fridge can hold the size of some of these cabbages. I love cabbage, often cooked them with fried chicken or pig tails and of course cornbread. Lol.

    I can't see myself buying "space saver" cabbage, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen cabbages as big as basketballs recently. There's something... strange about that. I have one of those french door fridges with the freezer at the bottom. I have lots of space but not for big cabbages!

      I will try it out if I see it again. But I'll be alright if I don't.

      Pig tails. You are the second person I know who likes those. I had some down in the country a few years ago. Tasty! Who woulda known!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:53:00 AM

    I'm with MizInspired on this.
    Dubble-L and Don, you're both punks! LOL! Go 'head and give it a try. I'd try it. In fact, I'm going to look for it when I go to Terminal Market in Philly. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Mzinspiredmind go head on and buy it now... and report back with your results. Please and thank you!

      Delete
  4. Nope.

    You are what you eat, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And cabbage is good for you. Ain't like we talking about a dish of chitlins here.

      Something odd about conical cabbage, though. LOL

      Delete
  5. I need to show you this huge cabbage in my fridge now lol. It's BIG. I normally have to buy two heads of it and this one is so big I only bought one O_O

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!