Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Seven (Saturday Love!)

I didn't do a post yesterday...

Thought I would do one today!

I will show you some Saturday Love... with a Saturday Seven.

I am thinking along the lines of what I've done today, or what I plan on doing.

1. I prayed for 2 hours this morning. That NEVER happens. I am good for an hour. By the time I was finished, I wanted to get up and do a church shout and a church spin in my living room, honey! Really!

GLORY!

2. I crocheted this morning.I am trying my darndest to finish this baby blanket.



I measured only 5 more rounds left, and I did 2 rounds this morning, I suppose. I did that during my prayer time. Praying and crocheting has some additive synergistic effect. Not sure what's up with that.

I have my yarn for a new blanket, and I am eager to start on that. Maybe tomorrow. I plan on finishing this one this weekend.

3. I juiced this morning. I had a sweet potato, orange and pineapple juice. That was REALLY good. It was a version of "Mama's Morning Star", back when I let PlayMama give me some suggestions for my morning juices. I posted about some of those last year, along with this one.  That is one of my favorites.

4. I had a fun time texting with Singlema this morning. Always a joy to talk to her. I call her the "Gazelle intense chicken". She is intense like a gazelle trying to escape the jowls of a lion. Intense with her goals of the moment. That is a good thing for me to witness, and a quality I admire, as it is a quality I lack... severely lack.

5. Scripture of the day: My favorite that I discussed this morning:

Proverbs 4:23  Keep and guard your heart with all due diligence, for out of it flows the issues of life.

Other versions:

Be careful what you think because your thoughts run your life. (NCV)

Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source of your life. (CEV)

Whatever I continuously feeding my heart and mind shows up in my life. Can't get around it, man. Nerp.

You know you can't. How the world are we getting mad when we see all this mess going on in the world? All that started with thoughts... some well fed thoughts over a period of time. Prove me wrong on that one.

Me and you... we form a skydiving club... meet once a week... discuss skydiving articles, movies, etc... view a few skydiving youtube videos... keep on doing that...

We are eventually going to go skydiving.

That is all.

Moving right along.

6. Favorite activity of the morning: Going over and reading and blogging out of control in the comment section of Bliss' Living the Next Steps blog. I know she has to be rolling her eyes and hollering "That doggone, Ladylee! Danggonit!!"  LOL.

Shoot, man... she's doing a daily juicing challenge for herself. And I am being quite nosy. I've been trying some of the ones she is trying. And some new concoctions. I am loving it. If I can cop ten good ideas from her, I'm GOOD.

Me and my piggyback riding self. LOL

7. Movies I watched today...

Charlotte's Web (2006 version),


Double Jeopardy


Double Jeopardy is one of my favorite movies. I would love to write something like that. Man!

I like the cartoon version of Charlotte's web much better. Loved it as a child. This one was okay.

That's it for my Saturday Seven! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet potato, orange and pineapple juice...hmm, I have all the ingredients except pineapple juice but I have frozen pineapple chunks. Will try that tomorrow.

    I enjoy texting with you too! Always learn something new. Believe it or not, you help to renew my "gazelle" intensity when I'm losing my stride. :-) Thanks for the scripture. I've been mentally chewing on that all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings.....
    Happy Saturday...
    sounds like you had an ambition and joyful day.

    May it stretch into tomorrow and resonate throughout your week.

    peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/p/guestbook.html
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:10:00 PM

    I am really trying to learn how to crochet. I was never really able to but I could at least do small things and now I can even remember how to hold it! I envy you and your blanket. One day soon I may insist on a real life meeting so you can teach me. You are welcome.

    Gazelle is perfect for Singla Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching Charlotte's Web in my childhood and reading the book as well.

    Double Jeopardy is the reason I've watched all of Ashley Judd movies. Great film, solid acting performances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scripture seems to ALWAYS come up. ALWAYS. Did I say ALWAYS!!!

    I love both those movies. But you know I LOVEEEEEEEE movies lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!