Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Conversations Week.... The WINNERS!!

Alright ya'll...

The moment you've been waiting for!

The winners of The House of LadyLee Conversation week sweepstakes!

First of all, thank you for participating. I don't do that to drive up comments. No, your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl is not your friendly neighborhood comment whore. I wanted to draw out some of you who lurk endlessly. I also wanted to show some appreciation of you reading my blog.

You realize how much TIME it takes to read? That is time out of your life.

Also, this is the half year mark, and I was thinking of many of the conversations I have had already this year that have really made me think or answered some internal questions. So I decided to group those all together, and post them. And cut them with some funny posts to break up the seriousness of it all.

Blogger, Mrs. A., aka Bliss,  thought that it was Conversations Month!

Say WHAT???

Oh my!

And you know, I could've dragged it out to a month. There are 3 or 4 more conversations I wanted to post.  But I didn't get around to them. Sigh.

And a whole month of conversations? You already see how intense my convos are. We ALL would have been emotionally drained after a months worth of my conversations. All of us!

I got the idea for Conversations Week from my gratitude journal. I try to write a "one liner" everyday. There were a ton of entries that read "I am thankful for the conversation today with...".  Whether the conversations were comfortable or unsettling, I am really thankful for those conversations. They all came at the right place at the right time for the right reasons. I may have posted only 25% of those conversations, some of which I obtained permission to post. (All said "Of course! Maybe they will help someone else!")

Well they helped you all. And most of all, they helped me.

I am not one who has an opinion and tries to force my opinion on people. Nor do I get mad when people have an opinion that differs from my own. I personally don't deal with such people. And I am sorry, but that is a sign of someone with some personal issues (in need of validation, possible self esteem issues, inferiority complex and the like...)

I am a little different:

I am one who has thoughts and opinions on various things about life, yet at the same time I am always looking to re-examine, strengthen, and sharpen my thoughts and opinions. I am also always looking for clarity. So I am happy that through some of your comments and thoughts, I myself have found clarity. I am also able to focus my prayer life a little better concerning certain matters. And that's a good thing.

So on to the drawing!

There were 149 comments!



Wow!

That's a lot!

Also a lot to count. I had to keep up with emails, comments and text messages. Goodness. Some folks don't like to comment in the comment section or they have problems from blogger. So that is why text and emails are allowed. Next time, I have to do some type of spreadsheet!

It is not my fault you don't have my cell number. You better ask for it if you want it! The best convos occur over text message these days!

So I counted all the comments, and the ones who had the highest comments.

The winner for most number of comments is SHAI with 17 comments.

Congratulations Shai! $25 gift card to YOU!

Glory!!

Shai had an interesting strategy: start a convo with me in the comment section. And comment on other people's comments.

Runner up to her was the Green-Eyed Bandit. And that was only because she was hipping me up to some church notes she was typing up for me. (Good looking out, Bandit!)

So now for the drawing.

My coworker Lt. Comm. By draws all my winners. This almost got out of control today when Mel, who REALLY begged me hard about changing Lucy Jr.'s windshield witpers, walked by. She started whining and begging to be the person who draws the winners next time.

So some of the pictures are blurry. This is becasue I was yelling at her and couldn't concentrate. Humph.

Lt. Comm. By takes his part time job seriously. His hands are lotioned and his nails are clean.


Thank you Mrs. By for looking after that. Us sisters don't like no ashy man. No ma'am.
He's certifying that the name strips are in the cup (he does this by expertly pointing at the cup). He has a stapler, tape and bottled water sitting nearby, just in case there's a... problem.
He spent a couple of minutes shaking the cup up while me and Mel walked to my desk. 

*angrily walking to my desk with Mel to get Mel's doggone paperwork*
Sigh. That doggone Mel.
For some odd reason, cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre tried to throw her name in the cup.
Lt. Commander By deemed her ineligible, as she is a government employee.

He knows I ain't trying to lose my job over no foolishness (although she could've entered and won $10. Cre (and Mel) didn't care for that.

And the winner is.....
Hmmmm... can you read your name!!?

You won a $75 gift card!!!
If you couldn't read your name, here you go!

Mzinspiredmind

Congratulations to Mzinspiredmind!! That is the winning comment... The first comment she left, on 6/17/13, on a post entitled "Conversations Week".

Gal, you had 9 comments. If you would've doubled your comments, you would've beat out Shai! You would've won $200.

(Ya'll should've seen me watching By pull names with baited breath.)

So congrats to the winners!

Thanks again for participating in Conversations Week. I tell you, I have the BEST readers in the world. Your comments and opinions have increased me so much over the past 2 weeks. No amount of prize money can compare to that...

I am the biggest winner of all!

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks. Congrats Mzinspiredmind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "talk" too much Lee. I could have said a whole lot. No strategy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! You got that STRATEGY! Game winning STRATEGY!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You slipping, Bandit! You slipping!

      I still owe u a blanket. I am TIRED of looking for your colors. They don't exist. I'm gonna make what I wanna make for you.

      Delete
    2. What colors did I tell you?

      Ced's and my new school colors are black and gold. Try those! LOL

      Delete
    3. That ol' bootleg picture u had on your wall! Colors from that!

      How bout that crimson and creme, u delta!

      http://ladylee35.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-birthday-lovebabz-you-original.html?m=1

      Delete
    4. That ol' bootleg picture u had on your wall! Colors from that!

      How bout that crimson and creme, u delta!

      http://ladylee35.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-birthday-lovebabz-you-original.html?m=1

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw fiddlesticks! lol....congratulations ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:58:00 AM

    Congrats, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Woot woot! I'm excited and know just what kinda gift card I want! Congrats Shai!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Ladies! We were all winners for reading those great posts.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!