Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ferris Wheel in the ATL!

So... there's a big ferris wheel in downtown Atlanta now. Today was the grand opening.

That's one heck of a view. I have to drive in that general direction to go to work. I am too busy trying to be careful in our janky traffic to look over in that direction.

It looks odd against the Atlanta skyline. I guess it will take some getting use to.

Here's the strange thing to me:

They put this ferris wheel up in one to two weeks. Maybe closer to two weeks.

I don't know how long it took. But it's much too fast for me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it has been inspected and cleared. And there is nothing wrong with it. It doesn't look too complicated. Just lock everything in place and let it whirl...

But uh, I'm need that to spin for awhile before I get up on it. I need some snow to hit it. I need lightning to strike that sucker. I need it to bake in the summer sun. I need ice to freeze on it.

I need for it to go through the seasons of life before I jump on it.

That's just me.

This is a tourist attraction. I am a resident, not a tourist. Heck, I've never even been to Centennial Park. And I was here when the Olympics came through. I lived half a mile from the main festivities way back then.

I hope the wheel does well and boost our economy. The cost is $8.50 for kids, $13.00 for adults. That's reasonable for a 15 minute ride. Ferris wheels are nice attractions in other cities. Hopefully this one will do well, and be good for our city.

But I'll let ya'll get up on it and tell me how it is...
Maybe they'll bring a roller coaster downtown next... That'll be really cool.

7 comments:

  1. So it's not an amusement park, just one ride for $13?????????? I don't like rides anyway so I'd never get on it. LOL But that seems to be a lot for one experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, that sucker is $13 for a 15 minute ride. It supposedly takes you around 4 times and then you get the boot!

      I thought 2-3 weeks was rather fast myself so I'm with Lee on waiting until some elements hit it. How can they do that so quickly but seem to take FOREVER paving the highway and fixing roads and bridges? You need to be able to get to the darn thing. And where will you park to ride? They already charge too much to park in that area (as you can see, I am not a fan, LOL!)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Quiet storm... they need to do better about fixing these janky streets and bridges. That wheel went up in the blink of an eye.

      Delete
  2. KayC - It will probably be $15 parking !! That will be one expensive ride after that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. I didn't think about the parking. Dang.

      Delete
  3. And we were just discussing this ride and then the news is talking about a lady who fell off a ride at 6 Flags in texas. No thanks. I'll stay off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, somebody just fell off the six flags ride. There will be lawsuits on that one.

      This ferris wheel gotta be up for a minute. But it's a tourist thing, so that's what is important on the money tip.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!