Thursday, February 12, 2015

Nostalgic Wax, Part II: Missing Oscar-Tyrone

One thing for sure...

I am sorely missing the Original Oldcat...

Oscar-Tyrone.

I was looking for something in my phone photo gallery, and I came across some pictures of him. Of course I tear up.  I inherited him from the ex-husband after the divorce, but we had him since he was a kitten, and he died at the ripe old age of 17 years old. 

This is a picture of him a month or so before he died.

I was sitting on the sofa watching television and crocheting. And I finally noticed that he'd jumped up on the sofa and watched. Now, they know not to lay on or mess with my yarn. But I figured I would leave him alone since he wasn't trying to kneed or scratch at anything.

And it seemed to be his favorite thing to do off and on... Sit there and watch me. So that day, I just left him be.

There is one thing I have never liked... being watched by him. He has this really hard surly stare. And I would be wondering what the world he was thinking.

Funny story: Some 4 or 5 years ago, I woke up one morning and he was watching me. I think it was just that he knew what time I woke up in the mornings. So let me tell you, it was a bit unnerving to open my eyes and there he is, maybe a foot from my face... staring.

Well, one morning, I woke up and I heard the following in my spirit:

You see how hard this cat watches you?? That's how hard I watch over your life.  

Scared me so BAD that I jumped and yelled at him.

LOL.

He usually runs off. But he just sat there and stared.  I left him alone... and considered the gravity of the moment.

You know, that never happened again.

But you best believe, I will never forget that.

And I think of that whenever I am feeling a bit depressed, confused or afraid. What I heard that morning from somewhere deep inside always comes to mind. I may feel alone, but I'm never alone. God watches over my life. He got this. And I am thankful for that.

And I'm thankful for Oscar-Tyrone.

He had been with me for 17 years. He saw a lot. Oh the stories he could've told if he could talk.Thank goodness he couldn't. Many of those stories did NOT need to be told!

Nevertheless... Thanks OT for what you brought to my life.

5 comments:

  1. This post gave me chills ( in a good way). Even teared up a bit as I meditated on the word you got -
    "You see how hard this cat watches you?? That's how hard I watch over your life. "... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful that God watches over us that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your past posts about Oscar-Tyrone glaring at you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:39:00 PM

    We aren't alone...Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!