Friday, June 24, 2016

Milk and Cookies Picture Show, Part III


So... I don't know what I time I woke up last Friday morning. But I was all excited because my nephews were at MY house. Still, so unexpected. I rarely have folks over, so this was such a treat.

And of course, I was taking pictures again... EARLY in the morning.

Milk and Cookies Junior was the first to wake up and get his shower. He was running around the living room, and I snapped a picture on the stairs.


No one is this bright-eyed and bushy tailed that early in the morning.

(Note: You see the cat kennel sitting there. But there are no cats. Callie and Mitch were hiding out under my bed. They want NO parts of children. Nope!)

Then it was time for them to eat breakfast. My brother had cereal for them.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any milk.  Well, I had almond milk.

 I explained this to them. Even their father was looking at me half crazy. I poured a little in a cup for them to taste test.

My brother said "That's interesting."

I could tell by the scrunched up look on his face that he didn't like it.

Both of the boys tasted it. The oldest said it was alright, and would be okay for his cereal.

The youngest didn't like it. "I like cow milk," he said.

So he decided to eat his cereal dry.

Sigh. I would've had some for him if I knew he was coming through.

Of course I bothered them while they were eating cereal.


I think I was bothering them too much.
I think they wanted to eat in peace. Whatever. I know the next time I see them, they'll be taller than me. So I'm taking pictures!

But all was well. They finished up their cereal and were all smiles...

I have a ton of candy in the fridge. It's for Sharbucks, our bootleg Starbucks at work. I poured it on the table so they could choose what they wanted.
Now this was interested. They each picked six pieces of candy. I gave them baggies for the candy,and Junior labeled the bags.



They even counted their candy.

I asked my brother what was up with that. Children will grab ALL the candy they can.

"They are very conservative," my brother said.

I guess so.

And they were AMAZED at my television on top of a television.
I told them that their other Auntie bought the bottom television at a yard sale for $35. I would feel bad getting rid of it. And the top television is hooked up to my Roku.

They have a Roku at home, so they were ALL about that.

We hung out for a few minutes. I needed to go to work, and they needed to get on with their day.

Of course I took a few more pictures outside. 

It was so good to see them...

My brother with the beard, tho...
LOL.

It was such a good visit.



I only thought I would see them at our grandmother's house, but it was good to get time with them there.

I told my brother to give me a call when he arrived at our grandmother's house on Saturday. Maybe I would come over.

Well he called me up... and I went on over.

And I am so glad I did... because the look on my grandmother's face from getting to spend time with here great-grands was priceless...

Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Your nephews and brothers are so handsome! Those kids are really getting out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you got to spend time with them. The boys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!