Here we go with my ten Thursday Thoughts...
1. My goodness! It is straight RAINING in the ATL.
Wow. All this water... where the world is the sun?
(And no, I will never be holding my hand out like that in the rain. Nope!)
2. I'm 'bout sick and tired of my salads. But I'm still getting it in, though!
3. I thought I was in charge for 1 week. But I have learned that I am in charge for TWO WEEKS. Ugh!!!! Lawd.
4. I think that means no one will be here. This will make me happy, as I will only be in charge of myself.
5. With that said, I have some supervisor tasks that I have NO idea how to get done. But that's Oldboy's fault for leaving me in charge. In other words, I hope he don't come back talking a bunch of trash. No sir. Don't do that.
6. I have never had a desire to be in management, although that has been discussed a good bit over the past 15 years.
7. Managing scientists is like managing cats. No thank you.
8. And when I think of the whole idea of management, I think about this Abraham Lincoln quote:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
9. And since it's raining, and we won't be getting sunshine until next Tuesday.... here's a video with a whole lot of rain in it. Ashanti's "Rain on Me"
10. One more good video with rain in the title. SWV's "Rain"
That's it for my Ten Thoughts on a Thursday!
It's Still Lent? (My Lenten Journey 2018 such that it is) - I knew I wasn't going to march into Lent with a plan. I am spiritually tired of the politics of the day. What does this mean? I am known for keeping a spir...
2 days ago