Thursday, June 22, 2017

Ten Thursday Thoughts

Here we go with my ten Thursday Thoughts...

1.  My goodness! It is straight RAINING in the ATL.


 Wow. All this water... where the world is the sun?

 (And no, I will never be holding my hand out like that in the rain. Nope!)

2. I'm 'bout sick and tired of my salads. But I'm still getting it in, though!

3. I thought I was in charge for 1 week. But I have learned that I am in charge for TWO WEEKS. Ugh!!!! Lawd.

4. I think that means no one will be here. This will make me happy, as I will only be in charge of myself.

5. With that said, I have some supervisor tasks that I have NO idea how to get done. But that's Oldboy's fault for leaving me in charge. In other words, I hope he don't come back talking a bunch of trash. No sir. Don't do that.

6. I have never had a desire to be in management, although that has been discussed a good bit over the past 15 years.

7. Managing scientists is like managing cats. No thank you.

8. And when I think of the whole idea of management, I think about this Abraham Lincoln quote:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

9. And since it's raining, and we won't be getting sunshine until next Tuesday.... here's a video with a whole lot of rain in it.  Ashanti's "Rain on Me"



10. One more good video with rain in the title. SWV's "Rain"




That's it for my Ten Thoughts on a Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. "Managing scientists is like managing cats. No thank you"

    this had me cracking up at my desk! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. One or two cats is fine, but when there are five or more cats, one of them cats is gonna be a PROBLEM.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!