Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Smattering of Cards!

I love decorating cards. It's a bit therapeutic for me, you see.

Here are some of the cards I mailed out this month. (My goal has been one per week, but I slip on that sometimes).

A card for blogger ATLien Nikki, on the occasion of her birthday. I especially love the young girl. Sort of akin to Nikki hanging upside down from chandalier, her locks waving in the wind. LOL!!


Sing your song, Nikki. Sang, gal!!

Miss Celie called me one night, and she was telling me about some of the strides she'd been making when it came to shaping up her current manuscript. She was sooooo excited, and I could hear it in her voice. I was sooooo happy for her. So, I'd sent a card I'd been saving for her.


I saw this ol' high ass prissy card at the bookstore a couple of months prior to this. It had french writing, and a pair of very "foo-foo" shoes on the front. I thought, "Miss Celie would like some craziness like this!" I put it away, with the thought of sending it when she got her "groove" back. So I finally sent it a couple of weeks ago.

Finally a couple of cards for my book club sistas who were celebrating birthdays this month.
Yo, I'ma need the book sistas NOT to be born on the same day! Spread that ish out!

So! That's it for my little "personal therapy". Just a little something that brings a bit of happiness to my day, and hopefully to those that received them...

More cards to come in the future!

13 comments:

  1. i treasure my cards AND my personalized journal :)

    um, i'm gonna leave the card making up to you, though. i do good just to finish blog entries. i can't even imagine having to finish making a card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nikki... Oh I should've posted the journals. You know, I'm still working on those. Ain't quite perfected that yet. I might have to post those that next time.

    Come make a card with me, Ma!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:26:00 AM

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwwwww so cute and creative! sooooo much love in them...you can tell you really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, let's flip the script just a bit and tell the folx just what it feels like to be on the receiving end of one of these cards as I have been lucky enough to be....


    Mailbox Love

    Routine dictates my actions
    As to the box I go
    Where I pick up my bills, junk mail, and such
    And in exchange put in my dough.

    When much to my surprise,
    Wonder, and amazement too
    A thing so unique glitters inside,
    An unexpected gift from you.

    Before even opening it
    More pleased I could not be.
    As the effort put into the envelop shows
    How much you care for me.

    No need almost to open it
    As the outside alone is enough.
    But curiosity gets the best of me,
    And I must see the inside stuff!

    As expected when I open it,
    I find I am not disappointed.
    Because my dear it becomes so clear
    That you truly have been anointed.

    GOD loves me so much that he sent me you,
    And me, you continually bless.
    From the cards that you send to just being your friend
    I get more than I give I confess.

    So just so you know, the seeds that you sow
    Grow happiness and joy, not defeat.
    It’s people like you, so good and so true
    Who make the mail not a chore but a TREAT!

    © Sharon J. All Rights Reserved 2008

    I still proudly display the one I received a year or so ago on my living room mantle just as proudly as you please! Old Girl you are good TO and FOR the soul of this here OG and I hope you know it....I try my best to make sure you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @That Original Oldgirl Sharon...

    GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE, CHILE!

    You REALLY liked that card didn't you?

    A poem?

    I feel so... I feel so...

    *cry, wail, screech, HOLLER, wail, HOLLER*

    That right there? That right there made an Oldgirl's day.

    Really though.

    ((((HUGS))))

    Thanks, girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhhh...did I mention how much I'd love to have one for my birthday??

    Oh I did??

    Dang...well just consider yourself reminded then!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cards are beautiful!!

    u have quite a talent my dear,lol

    reading makes me happy, i need to get me some good books so i can get away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are cute... the ones you save forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dreamy...

    You know, you should look into joining a book club! I really like mines!

    @Ms. Behaving...

    *gas face*

    (Thanks for sending your info)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shall have to remember to have my address to you by March!

    Wow a poem! Now that WAS a good card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sharon
    Poem?! What a thank you! Fellin' the love up in here!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!