Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning "Food for Thought": REAL TALK: Who's Pouring into Your Spirit? PART 1

Warning: I have a bunch of posts this week. Maybe 4 today ALONE. This is a very special week for me. BIG anniversary events this week. BIG, lol. So bare with me.

We taking "Smurfy" to the "Real Talk" level at the House of LadyLee for most of this week.

So hang with me, I'm going somewhere with this. Let's GO...

Good Marvelous Monday Merry Merning, Boys and Girls!

How are you feeling this Mernting?

Alright, I'll cut that out. Monday isn't my favorite day of the week.

But I'ma see how long I can keep up this Monday Morning "Food for Thought". And there is a little randomness here, just off the top of my head. No planning, no fuss... Just letting you know what's going on with me.

I have a running Theme this week because two HUGE anniversaries occur this week. This is my way of celebrating my milestones with YOU, my beloved reader.

The thing on my mind this morning, and a question I have for you as you read alllll the posts I have for you this week:

"Who's pouring into your spirit today?"

I won't go into that now. It is the theme for the week, and I will explain later in the post.

I just want you to sit back and ponder that question. Don't answer it yet, but just let it marinate.

Okay, here we go with the Randomness:

My weekend. I had an uneventful weekend. I went to church on Friday evening. (I don't like going on Sundays).

Well, me and my baby blog sista Serenity30 had some pretty INTENSE emails earlier that day(3 hours worth... goodness gracious alive) where I had to straigthen her out on a couple of matters (I don't think she mind me saying that, cuz she know I ain't going all into it)

Friday night-I then went to church and the entire 1.5 hour sermon (I have NO idea why we were there THAT long, but when it was time to go nobody really moved) was on the VERY things me and Serenity talked about and then some. It was some information overload, that's for sure.

I thought it was just me thinking about the headache I had during our conversation earlier, because it had burned a hole in my brain. I know she had to have a raised an eyebrow when I ended a couple of my emails with "DANG. I got a headache now. I need an aspirn." Then I opened my Book of Cuss on her. (I apologized, then went back and buried the book, then had another aspirin).

The whole sermon was about what we talked about.

Even down to the Queen of England. (You'll understand later in these posts. Just hold on to that thought).

*LadyLee peering curiously at the preacher and at serious negroes sitting in the pews on either side of her*

"You need to know what verse we on?" the kind sister next to me asked.

I shook my head.

Shoot man, I was just trying to figure out what was going on!

Hmm...

Took me about an hour to get home that night (a 12 minute drive, it should have been). ATL traffic is HORRIBLE, but they've been paving the highways at night on the weekends, and I didn't know that, so I sat on the highway, creeping along here and there, for about 45 minutes.

Shoot, even all my exits were closed off. I had to get on another highway to get home. UGGH!!!

Saturday - I went sticker shopping (for my birthday cards I like to send). I also perused some furniture. I have no bedroom furniture. I have the money to buy it outright, but there has been nothing that makes me point and go "GLORY! THAT'S my furniture!!!!" So until then, I will just peruse. I actually saw something I like, and if I can find something similar in cherry wood, I will buy it.

I also stopped by the Thrift store to drop off a garbage bag of clothes. I LOVE THE THRIFT STORE. The one I go to, well, it is as full as a club on Friday night, and everyone is happy and all eager. The last time I was in there, they were playing Christmas music (in the middle of July *crickets*). This time they had the Elvis music CRUNK. Man!!!!

I don't usually peruse thrift stores because I HATE sorting through stuff. But I bought a few cookie tins, a pair of NICE pants (2 bucks), and a NICE shirt (3 bucks).

Yeah!! Just call me your friendly neighborhood bargain-hunting Oldgirl!!!

Sunday- I woke up at 5:00 a.m., for whatever reason. I immediately began crocheting because I have a blanket due on August 30th, and although I am on schedule, I am a bit nervous about getting it all the way DONE. So I worked on that, did some routine house cleaning, and chilled out all day.

My sister Kentucky came downstairs early that morning. She was dressed, her purse dangling off her shoulder. She was off to get some essentials for the house and some hot wings. I whined about her always buying WEAK hot wings. She returned a couple of hours later with some X-tra hot wings.

Those wings were so HOT that my scalp was sweating.

Now THAT'S how a hot wing should be. (Needless to say, my stomach is on FIRE right now!)

Song of the week: My current song is "Sending My Love" by Zhane. It is the first song in the Playlist to the right, and the song playing now. I LOVE THAT SONG. I was lurking around as on Cool Glass of Dejanade's blog (as usual), and her Playlist stream is through the website as my own. And I saw that song and played it.

My goodness, that is a good song. Even the Younguns like Southern Black Gal who ride Lill' Wayne's jock ALL DAY, should LOVE that song. LOL!!

I've been playing it all weekend.... over and over and over REAL LOUD. I know my baby sis Kentucky was half a second from coming downstairs, snatching up my laptop and SMASHING it to the ground, then go back up to her bedroom upstairs and have the peace she so desperately longed for. But she didn't do all that. (Thank goodness!)

So, back to my question... keep pondering it.

Who's pouring in your spirit today?

to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:30:00 AM

    I can't wait to read what you got plan. I know it will have me thinking and jotting down some of your wonderful quotes.

    I was sitting here bobbing my head to Zhane's song. See that's the 90s music I love so much. I had to play it twice. I forgot Zhane had good music till I heard this song. I'm on my way to download it now.

    I don't think I've ever mention jocking Lil Wayne. I listen to him but if I had to choose an artist to ride his jock all day it wouldn't be him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao @ jocking Lil Wayne! Lawd I wish someone would kidnap him for a little while...but then...who knows that might have him on the radio even more. I can't deal!

    Is "pouring in to your spirit" code for something else??? *raising my eyebrows* Well...it's been a minute and I'll just leave it at that! lol...I kid. I know you mean on a higher level...but I think the answer is still the same.

    When is YOUR birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta stop reasding backwards!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!