Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Randomness: Real Talk: Who's Pouring into Your Spirit Today, Part 3

4 posts in one day, LadyLee, you whine aloud???

Shut it up!! Hold your mule, we allllmost done!!! This is a special week for Dr. LadyLee!

Just listen...

I was going to title all this "LadyLee's Love Letters to My Baby Blog Sistas, Serenity and the LBeezy"...

LOL!!

Sorry, I've been running with those chickens a long long time. We have MANY hours of INTENSE convo. It's nice to see them set goals and be successful.

But these posts are love letters for Southern Black Gal, Dreamy, and some of them ollllld hens who old like me: That Opinionated Diva, Tayari, Atlien Nikki, Microphone Queen Sharon, Ms. Behaving, Chele and ya'll fellas too. Shoot, it goes out to everybody who dwells in the House of LadyLee, and who has been hanging hard for a minute. I can't name all ya'll, especially ya'll lurkers (The good nurse, Sherri, Gang leader Tiffy D, all yall) and for those who blow up my email!

Shoot, this is a love letter to my own doggone self.

I'm sure you've come across a few things that make you, uh, ponder...

So, let's keep it moving, shall we?

The ABSOLUTE wackest thing I saw last week. Well, on Sunday. But it is the wackest thing I saw. Sorry, this has to do with ol' Serenity again. A commenter left on her blog:

"All of your posts pretty much sound like you're showing off rather than truly being appreciative. It's like you find every single opportunity to show off something new you got, shoes, car, house.... whatever it may be, Please! not everyone is fortunate enought like you, are you sure it's found money????"

*crickets*
*steam blowing out of LadyLee's ears*


I was HOT behind that. HAWT!!! I was sitting on my bed staring at the laptop hollering about that one.

I think Serenity was cool after awhile, but I was wailing alll day. Goodness.

Serenity left an, appropriate response.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, however I do not have to justify a damn thing to you and if you are tired of my "showing off," you are free to not visit MY blog again. No, everyone is not fortunate, but you will continue to be unfortunate if you operate in jealousy."

Well, alrighty then. Very appropriate and to the point.

Alright ya'll real talk.

YOUR blog belongs to YOU. It's your blog. Speak your mind, write what you enjoy writing. I got lost on the two words "All posts" from the commenter. Goodness. Serenity has 1000 posts, over a 1000. I know in the last 10 somewhere, I've seen some discouragement, heartache, tears, etc... amongst her taking opportunity to celebrating her own successes and outlining the processes for her readers benefits.

I followed up her comment with a 1000 word kick to the grill (a nice one at that... remember, it ain't MY blog). I rep my folks who trying to do something good with their life, and are kind enough to share with others what's going on and how they are doing it.

Blogger CreoleinDC rolled up on a motorcyle with a boiling pot of HOT grits and dumped them on the commenter's head in a post of her own... OH MY!!!

Clutch the pearls! Tell em how you REALLY feel, girl!!

Man, ya'll better get in the HABIT of celebrating other's successes.

Life is like a grocery store line. I applaud you when the cashier finishes checking out your groceries. What I look like holding YOU back from getting your groceries. No babes, get yours! Because then it's my turn!!

Why we gotta be crabs in a barrel??? UGH.

You better check yourself. Your hatin' ways might be the reason you stuck in the column of "Low, po' and ain't got no mo'!"

Really though.

Again, please write your blogs for yourself. If someone else gets something out of it, that's the extra benefit. If not, well, they can keep it moving.

Go talk to some peeps who wrote their blogs for others. Wonderful bloggers whose blogs was once a joy for them, then it morphed into something they dredded- a chore, a drain, a bother, something they completely hated. I've talked to a few. And my heart goes out to them.

I love the LadyLee blog. We keep it smurfy over here. (Well, not today, lol). No, I don't get a gazillion comments. (That would drive me NUTS!!) I don't measure my success by that. (Are you kidding me???). I look at the amount of joy it brings to ME. That's what makes my blog successful... in my own opinion.

Real IMPORTANT events coming up this week. So with that said, I say this: My blog anniversary is this Wednesday, August 15th.

My 3rd Bloggaversary. WOW.

And this week is dedicated to those who "Pour into my spirit".

Question: Who's pouring into your spirit today?

I mean, when you are down, on your last leg, don't know WHAT to do, who is coming along with a figurative pitcher of hope, and FILLING you up and sending you on your way?

This week is dedicated to bloggers and others who take time to FILL ME UP and send me on my way to a better day.

Also, Friday is the 10th anniversary of me receiveing my Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, with concentration in Organic Synthesis and D.rug Design.

10 years. 1998.

I have a funny post about that.

Ya'll wanna know how CRAZY I am? I will give you a taste right here.

At the beginning of your Dissertation, you have an acknowledgment section. It is suppose to be all serious, thanking professors and family for helping you along, etc. I mean, this is a big serious BOOK that you have written and had published. A book of your original work, a book that contains all the original research that makes you an expert in your field, worthy of the title "Dr."

I wrote...

at the end of the Acknowledgment section...

In bold italics...

"In the words of my favorite rapper, Master P... I want to say...

Make em say UGGGGGGGGH!! Naw, naw, naw, naw, NAAAAAAAW!

I have finished this journey called my Ph.D."

Yeah. No lying. I had the audacity to do that. I know my advisor had to be red in the face behind that. But what could he do? I was FINISHED. Holla, Playa.

*LadyLee snatches Doctorate degree and does the cabbage patch all the way out the door*

LOL.

Okay, ya'll got some work to do. Give me some REAL TALK in the comment section or email me. You got something foolish to say to me, send me an email so we can spar back and forth and have real talk privately, because yo ish getting deleted out of the comment section if you hating.

(This here MY blog, I can DO that.)

1. Who's pouring into your spirit today? Is it good or bad?
2. What do you believe about yourself today?

Tell me something. By doing so, you're pouring into my spirit.

And I am more than grateful for that. It blesses my socks off. I can never get enough of REAL talk about yourself from YOU.

Enlighten an Oldgirl. Please. I'm doing this for a reason. I've made a couple of announcements over on other blogs, but not here yet. But I will this week. Chele, I want to order up a bunch of copies of your Confessions of a Beautiful Woman. Let me know what I need to do...

More details later.

Start your week off right by saying something good about YOU.

Get in the habit of celebrating YOURSELF. You are highly accomplished in your own right.

If you don't celebrate yourself, who will??

Well, I will... look out from a shout out from me... a note on how each of ya'll have blessed me, how ya'll have poured into my spirit...

That's the way I'm celebrating my 3rd Bloggaversary the rest of the week...

23 comments:

  1. I'm uber emotional today, Ladylee. So I'm typing this kinda misty eyed. But your post encouraged the hell out of me. I've been blogging a little over a year, and well, at first I loved it. I was just doing me, writing in my little online diary. When school let in last year I took long breaks from my blog, but then picked it back every now and then. Summer seems to be the best time for me to write, so posts have been pretty consistent, well up until two weeks ago. *shrugs*

    Anyhoo, this summer, I kinda got caught up in wanting a high comment count and all that jazz, trying to figure out ways to boost traffic on my blog. Made me sad to see my comments section so empty. But two weeks ago, (well, on July 29th) I decided I didn't care about that anymore and that I'd continue to write about what I want to write about regardless of who reads it. Your post just gave me that lil extra reassurance that I need to be blogging for Shy, not others.

    To answer your question of who's pouring into my spirit...honestly, it's God. I'm so down and stressed. He's the only thing keeping me afloat right now. My mind is stayed on His blessings.

    Anyhoo, sorry so long-winded. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Shy...

    Thanks for stopping by!

    This is my question... Would you be blogging if no one was reading? Or is your blogging based on that?

    Would you let negative comments deter you?

    Hmm... the answers to those questions mean A LOT.

    Because if you doing if for others... It cannot last. You will hate it. I think mine was super high at one time, then went low, and now, it's a good 10 comments a post on average, I believe. Depends on what I write, I suppose. As long as I know I write what makes me happy, well, that is what matters overall.

    I am 3 years deep into my blog this week. And I don't hate it. It's better than ever. And you should feel that way about YOUR blog too.

    A great answer: God pours into you. Now THAT's a good answer.

    And cheer up... It's a down day, but tomorrow's a better day. You're still here. You woke up this morning. The blood is running warm through your veins. You can think clearly. That's enough RIGHT there to be happy about. If that's all you got, that's enough.

    Glad I can be of some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seeing another beautiful side of the woman I refer to as LL. And I see you run with some others who are just as or dare I say it, even MORE beautiful? -lol @ Serenity's response: No, everyone is not fortunate, but you will continue to be unfortunate if you operate in jealousy."

    D-D-D-Dayum!!!! Well, they had that one coming now didn't they? I definitely blog and touch on a myriad of subjects. I don't really have a theme, merely blogging about whatever hits me.

    I've blogged about comics, movies, tv shows, personalities, sports, my family, me and my Kahh-rayzee self, womens feet, womens' eyes, women's bootees, the wifey (even though she tries to keep a tight reign and leash on that to which she is unsuccessful)

    But I love telling folks about myself. One commenter said I let too much of my business out. I said in return, heck, that business is so boring, what's somebody going to do with it? -lol- but, here's to ya, and another 3 years (wow, you're the 4th blogger I've ran into today celebrating an anniversary this week! How cool is that?)

    As for who's pouring into my spirit today: Miss Wendy-ful. She had the coolest post about Saturday morning cartoons that just got a brotha all warm and fuzzy inside. So that's definitely ALL GOOD! And alot of her posts are usually that way too.

    Not alot of rah-rah, just some good ol' simply blogging. I'm feeling that. Need a good cheer me up, there's the woman!

    And what am I believing about myself today? This one is sooo friggin' ez, it's ridiculous. I'm believing in the power of meditation. I dreaded this coming week, especially Monday, but it got off to a great start. I think I was over motivated!

    Nothing, but NOTHING could touch a brotha today. I rent the name of a super hero, but today dammit, I truly felt like one. Now here's to me! Ya unnerstan'? Luv ya LL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Frank (aka Luke Cage, the Urban Knight)...

    Now there's a brotha with his back straight today, LOL!!!

    Glad you love YOUR blog! I love it too! I just like how you express yourself. First grown up brotha I've seen who get all giddy off of superheros! I bet if I ever meet you, you are really a hologram... LOL

    "I'm believing in the power of meditation".

    Dude, we can write like, a whole new blog on that one, can't we?? Well I know YOU can. I've learned MUCH from you from that perspective... That's what's hot!

    Keep blogging and thanks for stopping by!!

    And thanks for supporting me over the years, bruh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I this was a good post....
    I'd have to say at this moment The responses i've gotten from my last blog post have been so uplifting. I received alot of direct emails and it's amazing how closely related my story is to soo many others.

    I just want to LIVE this life the best I can. No facades, no fakeness. Just being ME, helping others as I can, when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pajnstl...

    Well, like I said over our email, it WAS a good post. I have no idea WHO you directed that blog post too, but I hope they got the message. It is somethng to see where someone was at, what they went through, how they came out, and where they are NOW.

    That's called Testimony. Keep giving it. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MAY HELP.

    "I just want to LIVE this life the best I can. No facades, no fakeness. Just being ME, helping others as I can, when I can."

    Now, that's what I'm talking about. That sound like a "purpose statement" to me...

    And thanks for letting me use that post in some upcoming stuff that we talked about... Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyyyyy Ladyleee!!!

    Hey mami, who is pouring into my spirit is you guys

    all the wonderful people who leave kind words, all the ones that make me laugh, all the ones that say the right words to life my spirt, and even te ones that are brutally honest with me.

    I can always look for you, Keisha, 68 to lift my spirits

    blogging has been like therapy for me, and I believe that it was meant for me to find all of you wonderful spirits.

    I have never been one to leave ugly comments or say anything bad. why should i dump my shyss into other people's blessing. that aint right. personally i stay away from bloggers like that. mostly everyone in my blog contributes something wonderful into my life and thats the way its gonna be!!

    What do i believe about myself today??

    honestly ladylee I am blessed!! I may not have this and that but I am blessed to see another day. I am blessed to know beautiful people

    and I am blessed to be smurfyyy,lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Dreamy...

    Wait which personality is this? Because, you know I want to hang out with Ghetto Mary, right?

    LOL!!!! YOu must enligten me on this "Ghetto Mary" and somehow explain to me what THAT is so doggone funny!!!!

    But we won't talk about your blog post... I'm looking at what you wrote here (but ghetto mary is still funny, lol).

    I am blessed!! I may not have this and that but I am blessed to see another day

    Okay. That's a GOOD one...

    We gonna let commenter Shy have that one. She needs that one right about now.

    I need that one, too. Thanks for that, Dreamy!

    And you remembered... "At the House of LadyLee, we keep it SMURFY!"

    Really though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was rolling @ the dissertation comment...naw, naw naw lol. Thats how it should be done!

    As for the hater...I guess somethings I will never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:27:00 PM

    Who is pouring into my sprit today? You are Lee. You have really gotten into my head with your last couple of posts..in a good way. You got me pondering, jotting things down in my wonderful journals. Love Serenity's respond especially the last sentence. I don't get some people. I can honestly say I love my blog. I write about whatever. Someone emailed me to say my blog was boring about I don't talk too much about my life and didn't know why I have around 15-20 comments on my posts. I wrote back why are you still reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First offI will definetely come over tomorrow to wish yu Happy Anniversary! 3 years! WOW! I guess it is possible to blog and blog and blog on.

    I am inpsired by you! Dr. Ladylee you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @MissGina...

    I look back at that and think, "What was I THINKING", putting a hardcore rap quote in my dissertation. I was suppose to place a lovely quote from Shakespeare, or Langston Hughes, or someone like that.

    Naw, it was all good. It was the HOT song at the time, and described how I was feeling. I was just being ME, and I'd have it no other way.

    @That Southern Black Gal...

    **silence**

    Did she say Me? LOL. Well, I guess I can say thank you. I am glad that you appreciate the posts. I tend to do something like this during my birthday week (REAL long posts) because I go back and read them when I am feeling blue. So I am glad you can benefit...

    Keep writing in those journals... Go back and read that post during my birthday week about "Words" (1st week in feb)... Jotting down those words, getting them in your head is the beginning of whatever you trying to do...

    I'm glad YOU like your BLOG. THAT should ALWAYS be first and foremost.

    Oh yeah, you KNOW I like your blog. LOL

    @LoveBabz...

    I love the fact that I inspire you and all... That's really sweet, real special and all, but uh rah...

    Could you please take me with you up high into the mountains into that cave where you meditate and write your blog posts? Please? I won't tell nobody. Please. I will pay you.

    Because the amount of revelation you kick in those posts, well... let's just say, shoot man, I don't even know WHAT to say.

    I keep thinking... what she gonna write next!? Nothing can get better than this. And then you top yourself, again and again, and again...

    Please, let me go into the mountaintops with you... Just one time. Goodness.

    LOL!!!

    Come back tomorrow for the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do I believe about myself today??

    Today, I believe that I am better than I was last year and that I am closer to finding my life's purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Ladylee,

    You are too much and way too kind! Thank you, you do indeed inspire me!

    I will see you tomorrow..I love a good party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're killing me.

    But you're also motivating me to approach my blog the way I used to. Like I don't give a damn. Cause I don't. I'll send you an email about "Confessions".

    Thanks for always being here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I get real tired of people hating under the guise of real talk. BOO.



    Master P tho? For real? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it. I might have to steal that idea.

    For the most part since I started my blog 3 years or so ago, the feedback I have gotten has been positive. It lifts my spirits on my worst days. It makes me smile. It makes me laugh out loud. Sometimes they touch me so much that it makes me cry. But whether or not anyone was complimenting (even tho I do appreciate the compliment of people enjoying my writing) I remember back then when it was just me and my computer... and I loved it then too. Whatever your blog is about, it's gotta be for you.


    My significant other is pouring into my spirit today. It is healthy and positive and always appreciated. I believe that I am talented enough to do whatever the hell I wanna do, however the hell I wanna do it... if I work for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay um... It has been so long since this post started that my oldtimer's kicked in!

    Does I Love You help? Well either way I LOVE YOU LADYLEE OLDGIRL!!!!

    Now to answer your questions, I do it for all of us! I write for me. I publish for all of you! I used to blog and get NO comments back in the early days. I didn't stop then. Hell I have put posts out there recently where nobody commented (y'all some bustas you know... LOL...J/K). I spread the madness and let others catch themselves up in the net. And of course it gotta be some smurfy (mostly) because we all need a little laugh.

    Negative comments deter me? Nah. I got too much of a "I could give a fuck" attitude for that. And I am WAY too much of a smartass to let that shit slide anyway.

    Who pours into me? Everyone who touches me with some positive energy. Fam, Friends, Blog Fam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @LoveBabz...

    Yeah, girl... thank you, but uh-rah, check it out... This mean you taking me into that cave with you on the mountaintop, right? RIGHT?

    @Chele...

    Chele!!! You Oldgirl YOU!!!

    *Lee snatches up pom-poms and hollers REAL loud*

    YOU DO YOU!! YOU DO YOU!!

    Maaaan, ya better do you! Turn off the comment sections, and don't leave an email addy, if that makes you feel better.... Ya better do YOU!!!

    @La...

    La? Your blog, girl... shoot, it's sooooo good that it got me typing all crazy:
    errfaaeh kaeoahga....

    Look a there, can't even spell right. Your blog has to have been one of the best blogs with the bestest writing in the whole galaxy.

    Like that post today... I know you had to have been working, like a year on that ish.

    As my grandma would say...

    Goodness. Gracious. Alive.

    It be so good girl... I just be waiting, waiting and waiting for a post...

    Okay, I'll stop jocking you. Sorry. Let me pull myself together. I just can't believe you came over and read one of MY posts and commented. Oh lawd. Oh goodness. Someone please get me a church fan. One with the picture of MLK will do just fine. Lawd.

    I just want you to know I HEART YOUR BLOG.

    Oh goodness... if any of ya'll ain't had a taste of La, please go get a taste. You won't regret it.

    Girl, don't mess my head up like that no mo... Goodness.

    Thanks for stopping by... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey LL baby. Is your anniversary TOMORROW Wednesday, or August 15th, because they are not the same day as you posted: So with that said, I say this: My blog anniversary is this Wednesday, August 15th. Just want to get the day straight so I can celebrate wit'cha... (Cage getting his sip sip ready)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't believe that chick was hatin' on your girls blogspot!

    Sucks too cuz she wasted all that energy in typing up a negative response when all she had to do was keep it movin'!

    GOTTA LOVE THOSE HATERZ HUH??

    I can just imagine the look on your advisors face when you closed with that line from Master P. [LOL]

    Had to be absolutely priceless!!!

    Be back tomorrow for your bloggaversary party!!
    [I just know you gone do it BIG!!!]

    Go on Dr. LadyLee [wit'cha bad self!!!] :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on the PHD and blog anniversary.


    Blogging for yourself is the only way to go. I once had a more popular blog but it began to bore me, I just stopped being inspired one day, and kept with my personal blog for some reason or another it's been three or four years, I dunno I lost count, but I keep showing up to the page.

    Right now I'm reading Eckhart Tolle in my quite time and it's good to the last drop...

    and for the record, I was all about him waaaay before Oprah. She's always trying to be like me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. “Please! not everyone is fortunate enough like you…”

    You should be thankful for where you are. There will always be someone who will be more financially sound than you or have more things, but there are others who are worse off as well. Stop getting angry at folk who have because of the “choices they made” and start appreciating your own blessings. Look around!

    Thanks for the invitation to pour! Like you always do Ladylee, please let me marinate and reflect. I know there’s something needing to bubble up.

    In my years of success and failure, one thing remains true—God is with me and workin’ it out for my good!

    When life is overwhelming, I look to the hills and know my help cometh from Him!

    God has been a great source of strength for me and when I’m lowly and feeling blue, it’s apparent I’ve been away from His presence too long.

    Something good about me?!

    I was created in His image and in spite of my failures, He sees my glorious end. This keeps me striving to know and do better!

    Congratulations on the anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhhhh Ladylee, Ghetto Mary is a hot azz mess!!

    she normally comes out when her back is against the wall or if someone wont leave Dreamy the hell alone,lol

    She used to be seen a couple of years back when Dreamy couldnt control her!!!

    But Dreamy then locked the hieffer in the closet so, all is good. But when Dreamy is at wits end then Ghetto Mary comes out to play!!lol

    let me stop messing with you!! My moms boyfriend gave me that name when i used to go into my fits and rages!! It kind of stuck with me, everytime i get out the box, they start to say "There Goes Ghetto Mary"!!!

    umhhh and Ladylee, you wont like Ghetto Mary, she is not a nice person. But you will enjoy Dreamy she is a sweetie pie and loves to have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!