Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Freestyles... TGIF

Friday! Thank goodness it's finally here.

*cartwheels* And it's PAYDAY

*backflips and rockette kicks*

Actually right now I'm all groggy. It's 7:30 AM and I took something to gelp me sleep last night, and uh... I'm still a little laid out in the bed. I have a bad habit of getting up super early, getting some things done, and then laying back down, when I should immediately be getting ready for work. Humph.

I'll learn one day.

I think me and my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre need to put on some music and do some impromptu aerobics... Just to wake us up. I think that it'll be quite proper, considering my song of the week... Robin S' Love for Love



Yeah, that will get the blood moving hard and fast through our veins. But it will draw too much attention if we stood up and hooked arms and commenced to rockette kicking. No telling how that will get gossiped around the building, lol...

I guess I'll just sit at my desk and tap my foot lightly and get a little shoulder action going. Hopefully today goes by pretty fast...

I feel so unsupervised. And that ain't good. Not really wanting to talk to our current supervisor because she can't help me with anything. She has me like O_o.

I feel SO alone! I need motivation. I have none! *lee throws self out of window*

No I will manage. My goal is to stay out of trouble. Don't have any arguments. Just quietly do my work.

I have an interesting weekend coming up. Tonight I have Women of Color writing group. Lawd help me, I don't particulary like doing anything on a Friday night except go to church. I am so exhausted after a long long week! But this always turns out well, as long as I get on to our meeting place and sit down and unwind. So it works out well.

Tomorrow there is an Atlanta Writers Club meeting. I haven't been there in a good while. And they will notice, since there are only like, 1% black folks there. I haven't gone because it's at the same time as my book club meeting, and I'm out of book club now, so I have no excuses. Tomorrow they will have Bernice McFadden, whose books I love, and someone there who's gonna talk about selling your books on Kindle. (I am REALLY interested in that and how it works. And I'm about to purchase a Kindle.)

Sunday will be Church. I don't like to go on Sundays, but I didn't attend my normal weekday services, so Sunday it is!

On to more randomness... Glad they signed a new budget. That means I have a job. But doggonnit, I HATE politics. I'm watching the news now, and all this arguing back and forth about it. DANG. No wonder Obama's hair is turning white. He's so calm. I'd be done busted some republicans upside the head by now.

And I'm tripping on Libya. Look Obama, I've seen Long Kiss Goodnight and Point of No Return. I know we have some assassins out here on payroll. Send somebody over there to uh, have a talk with Qaddafi. Ain't that hard!

(As you can see, I really don't need to be President of the United States. I may tend to get illegal... and violent on folk.)

I plan on getting some painting done this weekend. Me and Monique were yacking about it on twitter this week. She gave me some good tips. We'll see how that goes! Hopefully I will have a pic or two.

I also plan on cutting the grass. That fellow Tony Mack did a bad job. So we'll see how that works out...

I really want some Chinese food today. There's a place at the BellSouth building that has a GREAT veggie selection. They know, just give me a few noodles and fill up the rest of my tray with veggies - cauliflower, okra, kale, green beans, mushrooms, plantains, bok choy, chick peas, broccoli! GLORY!!

*lee cartwheeling through chinese cafeteria*

Yeah... I think I'll convince Cowgirl Cre to go with me up to the place!

Well, that's all I have for today.

It's a bit... random, but that's okay... this is me taking the mike and freestyling!

*lee throwing down the mike and walking off stage*

Ya'll have a great weekend! On purpose!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...to me you'd be perfect candidate for President and Tyler(S23) could be the VP! LOL....oh how I wish I was a fly on the wall at your office. It seems like a lively place..speaking of which, I need to email or text u...Yess TGIF(even though I have an event to work tomorrow and it's not my payday!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying your writing group!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!