Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Walk on BY!

This post here is for that lurker SASHA!

Because I know she likes Dionne Warrick so much!

You know, I'm sad to see ol' Dionne gone from Celebrity Apprentice. She was a crochety old lady, and gave the show an extra layer of unpredictability. A song by her that I like: "Walk on By"



She need to learn how to dance or something. That just standing there holding the microphone... that kicks rocks. Do some Beyonce moves, Dionne!

Now I like the remake of that: Isaac Hayes version of that song:



Isaac Hayes was the coolest... But that nappy beard gives me the creeps. Even as a child it bothered me something terrible. I use to want to take the comb I used for my doll's hair and comb that beard of his.

But check out his background sangers. I like them. I bet I could learn those moves ver quickly.

*lee waves hand and does the fancy leg kick out to the right*

Yeah... and i like the clothes they are wearing too. I can lounge around the house in that.

I like the New Jack Swing version of that song. It's 20 years old, I believe, remade by Sybil.



Good version. You can do the running man to that...

Yes, I like that one.

Now let's just hope Beyonce or Nicki Minaj don't get any bright ideas and try to remake this classic...

*lee calmly opens window and hurls herself out of it*

5 comments:

  1. LOL. On cannot view the videos at the plantation. I can say I remember all versions of the song. And I will hurt myself if I hear Bey or Nicki(who I don't listen to) remake the song. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo lawd, I needed a laugh today and you didn't disappoint Lee. iDied at you wanting to take ur doll's comb and comb his beard...*faints*

    I won't even comment on if 'Yonce or Nicki tried to remake that..iCant

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went wayyyyyy back, Lee! Oooweee! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer2:24:00 PM

    i love the Issac Hayes version! hmm.... *rushes to iTunes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lawd, I remember playing Warwick's version over and over on my record player. You went way back with that one.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!