Monday, April 18, 2011

Good Sunny Monday Morning

Good Sunny Monday Morning...

First thought: I am cold. Looking out the window at the sunny day, it looks to be hot. But I know it's cold, because it's cold in my house. This is a confusing time. I don't know whether to turn on my heat or leave it off. Just confusing.

And it don't help that this ceiling fan is on.

Okay. That was a very random thought, lol...

Anyway, I had a GREAT weekend. I took care of the writer side of me. And that's always a good thing.

Friday night, I had my Women of Color Writing workshop. I may have some material for the blog. Not really all that concerned about that. It was a time to unwind and do some freestyle writing, and as always that takes my mind off of things.

The only brother in our Women of Color Writing Group, HC, signed one of his books for me.



He signed his book, The Congregation.



On Saturday, I attened an Atlanta Writers Club meeting.

I got a chance to meet one of my favorite authors, Berniece McFadden.



She gave an EXCELLENT talk on her writing life and who inspired her. VERY good, very inspiring indeed.

I also got outside on Sunday and cut the grass. Here's a picture of the end result.





I think I did okay, don't you? Well one of the locals was not pleased.

Hmm...

I'll talk about all these things sometime this week.

My video/song of the week.



Sometimes we need a reminder that all men ain't dogs. Period.

Just checking in with you on Sunny Monday morning....

And hoping for you to have a great week... on purpose.

6 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job w/ the grass. I'm allergic to grass so I've never cut mine (wooo hoo). I think I've read a few of Bernice McFadden's books. Her name sounds really familiar. HA! I used to love that song, I think I had it on my PAGER voicemail once.LOL. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good on your lawn!!! I don't think I have EVER cut grass. I WILL bring you something cold to drink lol.

    LOL@ This clown putting a song on her PAGER! LOL HAHAHAHHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice today but Saturday it was so cold that I had to pull the jackets back out. I walked outside and was like what in the world?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the grass. I don't miss that...And cutting it in July/August, Hot, Hot Hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Green Eyed Bandit9:56:00 PM

    I wondered if you all still met on Friday with that weather cutting up! Glad you were able to get that part of yourself fed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great job to me. I'm trying to have a great week on purpose...it ain't easy though.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!