Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Stalking Chickens

So ya'll know I stalk the cheese out of Tayari Jones.

I'm her number one fan... Her number one Stalker STAN.

She pays me no mind. She called me earlier today. We had the most delightful conversation.

*lee sitting in cubicle, cheesing HARD, eyes glazed over, crying uncontrollably, heart beating 500 beats per minute*
She text me about her updated website this morning. I text back later that I thought it was quite nice.

I do believe the chicken, Lil' Serenity liked the site. She is a fan too. She stood on my keyboard and posed with the website.



I heard this morning that a synopsis of Tayari's highly anticipated novel Silver Sparrow, (which comes out May 24th) was in Essence. So I ran around looking for an Essence Magazine. A coworker one building over had one. Lo and Behold I found a synopsis of Silver Sparrow in the book section.

The Chicken, Lil' Serenity, was pleased. Quite pleased. She stood atop my laptop and took a picture with the article.

I'm sure if she could open her beak, you would see all 10 of her teeth.


As you can tell, I am uber-excited about this book coming out. I remember when she wrote the very first words. I also remember seeing a marked up chapter on her Mama's kitchen table... and when Tayari walked out the room, I contemplated stealing it. (I'd been lobbying for a few pages, to which she was like... NO!).

That would not have been nice. I read the first line, and quickly averted my eyes.

Yes I'm excited... I am a stalker. (If she was a dude, i would be a groupie. I would be locked up by now. But she a girl. I don't like girls. So I stalk. With lil' Serenity the Chicken riding shotgun).

So please 'scuse the stalker stan activity that takes place on this blog in the next month. Please.

But this my FAVORITE author... and one of my favorite people. Really.Let the stalking begin!!!

I can imagine her ringing my cell phone, whispering through clenched teeth... "Stop it, LadyLee!!! Stop stanning! Stop stalking me, you STAN!!!!"

*lee hangs up on tayari*

*sinister laugh*

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ hanging up on tayari.

    Lil Serenity the Chicken gives me life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The books sound interesting. I'll reserve a copy @ my local lib.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!