Monday, June 27, 2011

Good Monday Morning... The MaMa BaNDit CooKOut Edition!!!

Gooooood Monday Morning!

From HOTlanta, GA... in the great USA!

I had a fun-filled weekend! Even went to work for Ten minutes. (Boooo! Hiss hiss! Boooo!)

Feeling not so great this morning. Ate badly, or good, yesterday. It all depends on how you look at it.

Let's just say my week will be spread thick with my usual nice fruits and veggies and brown rice and oatmeal and COPIUS amounts of water. Copius, man.

The jankiness I feel this morning is fine. Feeling left of center and rather funkdafied is okay.

That's cuz my good friend The Green Eyed Bandit's Mama, the Great MAMA BANDIT, was in town for the weekend!





Look at her! She was cooking so hard that she didn't take off her apron when she finished. That's a real cook, ya'll!

A couple of her grandchildren were in Georgia for a short summer vacay, and she made the trek down here from Cleveland to pick up a couple grandchirrens and take them back to Cleveland!

*Mama Bandit hollers to youngest child "Boy, crank the car up and take me to Georgia to get my grandbabies!!!!!!"*

And when Mama Bandit comes to town, Mama Bandit gonna COOK!

My only question was *dialing Bandit's celly* "Yo! What time the cookout start!?"

Green Eyed Bandit said Sunday at 3! So uh, yeah... The Oldgirl was gonna be there on Sunday, around 3!!

*gassing up car and making the long drive down to the boondocks*

And there was PLENTY of good food. PLENTY...

Fruit salad! I was down for this.



Strawberry, oranges, bananas, and pineapples. GLORY! Gotta make some of that for myself!

Pork and Beans!



Mac and Cheese!



That was some GOOD stuff! Gooooood and cheeeeesy!!

Oh yes!! There were fried ribs!!!!



Here's a better picture!



The bandit crew doesn't like to grill ribs. There was no Barbeque sauce in sight. The ribs fry up like porkchops! This must be a cleveland thing.

I had some. Explains why I feel like craaaaaaap this morning. I don't eat the pork products, rarely rarely fool with meat. My poor body is like O_O.

I made chocolate chip cookies. A good 3 dozen!


I also made a batch of oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies for someone, and brought the leftovers too...



This young fellow, Nephew Bandit TJ, got a hold of my camera. He apparently likes taking pictures of himself.

Had to watch him EXTRA close. I was sitting there thinking "Little man, pleeeeease don't erase the pictures in my camera!"

The Green Eyed Bandit was kicking some sparkly sandals... witht he bright green toenail polish.

I put my own sparkly flip-flop clad foot next to hers. Her sandal had more sparkability.



My foot looks extra long. I wear a size 10. Loooks like a 12. LOL

Ohhhhh what a fine time we had! I ate so much that I had the itis! Ended up taking a very short nap on the sofa. I really needed a cot and a blanket! (And if they gave me one, I'd still be there early this good Monday merning. LOL)

Oh, it was so good to see you, Mama Bandit! She likes to lurk over here on my blog, so I know she will read this. She packed the babies all in the car at six this morning, and she's on the road home right now!

Safe travels Mama Bandit!

*Ladylee standing on front porch, facing north and waving EXTRA hard, even though Mama Bandit is probably halfway thru Tennessee right about now*

And feel free to come on back to Georgia and fry a rib or two anytime you please Honey!!!

Whooo wee! A good weekend indeed!

But this is a food-for-thought week...

The Hair Edition


Blog family whispers "You can't do that, girl. You don't have much hair."


Yes I can. I can talk about anything I wanna talk about, mayne.


No, ain't nobody talking about Twist outs and bantu knots. Nerp.

You who know me know that my hair ain't long and beautimous.

My chronic illness affects my hair. I'm in the 17% of lupus sufferers who lose hair. So there's no "Gee, look at me! Look at my hair!"

Nope. It's more of "Gee look at me! I'm ALIVE!"


I have more pressing things to be concerned about.

This is a week of my thoughts on hair. From a woman who doesn't have the luxury of worrying about it. From a woman who's feelings have been hurt by the insensitivity of others.

From a woman who is happy and free from the bondage of such.

Yes indeed. Might lose some friends this week. May gain some. Who knows. All over these dead cells, this hair, that sprouts from our heads.

Stay tuned... for Hair week.

It WILL be a good week for LadyLee! And for you too... I hope.

Every day you wake up breathing, and the blood running warm through your veins is a GOOD day... a day to rejoice!

And be happy... on purpose...

15 comments:

  1. Uhh now I want some mac and cheese!!!!!!

    Those are some lucky people to get cookies lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready for your thoughts...yep READY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon. Everytime I see your cookies I tell myself that I'm going to get a good recipe and make some. Alas, never happens. Can't wait for Hair Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding comment on cookies & wine from above: Cookies & Moscato? Aww sookey now!

    Fried ribs? What the world? How'd they taste? Like a pork chop w/less meat?

    Hair week should be interesting. This from the relaxed turned natural turned loc'd. Bring it on good Doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...Hair week...I have to catch these posts. Something tells me that I'll be howling in my office :D...HEY GREEN-EYED BANDIT... I didn't get my invite... I would have brought the Kool-Aid :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of fried ribs how do they taste.

    Them oatmeal cookies look goooooood.

    Ima try that fruit salad mix for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lawd, that food looks so good! I can't wait until my Dad's 4th of July BBQ b/c FRIED RIBS are on the menu! Yassss! I absolutely LOVE them.

    I can't wait until this weeks posts. I already KNOW you going to BRING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never in my life heard of fried ribs...didn't know that existed....

    folks frying up all kinds of things...i just heard about fried kool aid on the news the other day...how they do that?!

    those cookies look sooo scrumptious i could of reached through the computer and had me some...

    feel better lady and stay away from them ribs if you can....

    we all should be drinking more water no matter what...

    have a great week.

    looking forward to your hair post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fried ribs are pretty yummy. I haven't had any in a looooooong while since I dont partake of much swine. Ready with everyone else to see how hair week perks along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better. Fried ribs? Never heard of them. They look tasty.


    P.S.: Has the giftcard winner been chosen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to read about the hair posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:20:00 PM

    feel better.....
    hair week cant wait....

    dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Cyncere One, I should have called you! Kool-Aid! Man a cookout is not complete without it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop the presses:fried ribs?! I've never heard of that.

    Ladylee, um, when are you going to share these yummy cookies with the masses?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!